BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

10-20-2020, 07:04 PM   #1
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

2022 Hummer EV "Supertruck" and 2024 Hummer SUV Revealed

2022 GMC Hummer EV: Pricing, Images, Range & Specs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor1
Few vehicles are as instantly recognizable as the military AM General HMMWV, which of course spawned General Motors’ Hummer division, a lineup of SUVs and trucks sold in the 1990s and 2000s. A casualty of a tanked global economy and rising ecological concerns, the brand died in 2010, but the name will return on the 2022 GMC Hummer EV, revealed today.

Rumors started swirling last year that the vaunted Hummer name would come back to GM’s lineup as an all-electric premium off-roader. Then, in January, we got our first look at a teaser of the electric Hummer, learning that it would be branded as a GMC when it returned – a move that likely saves GM some cash by not having to spin off yet another vehicle division.

In spite of its “Professional Grade” parentage, the Hummer EV will be instantly recognizable, thanks to its open-air design and signature styling cues. GM’s proprietary Ultium battery technology, which it will share with Honda, will give the Hummer a range of 350-plus miles.

GMC Hummer EV Exterior
The Hummer EV leaves no question as to its heritage, although the pickup’s styling is sleeker and more modern than its H1, H2, and H3 forebears. Unusual H-shaped headlight elements replace the round units found on those off-roaders, with a full-width LED light bar proudly bearing the Hummer wordmark, each letter separated by seven vertical “grille” slats in an homage to the internal-combustion original.

As we’ve seen in previous teasers, the electric Hummer gets a very upright windshield that recalls the vertical glass of previous models while still preserving some aerodynamic efficiency. A high beltline and narrow side glass echo the old H2’s gun-slit greenhouse, but the angled C-pillar is like nothing else from Hummer’s repertoire and provides some sense of forward-leaning motion. Wide box flares on the front and rear fenders provide plenty of clearance for standard 35-inch Goodyear Wrangler Territory mud-terrain tires – and the electric Hummer has room for giant 37s, if you’re so inclined.

At the rear is a smallish cargo box, accessed via a MultiPro tailgate like the one found on the GMC Sierra. A power-operated tonneau cover secures cargo and improves aerodynamics when needed. Unlike the Hummer H2 SUT, the GMC Hummer EV has a fixed rear bulkhead, so longer cargo will have to sit on the tailgate (after being properly secured, of course).

A beefy skid plate is the first indicator that GMC is serious about the Hummer EV’s off-road ruggedness – strategically located underbody steel plates protect vital drivetrain components like the floor-mounted battery packs. That Ultium battery structure provides enough platform stiffness to allow for an open-air “Infinity Roof,” featuring three transparent panels that can be removed and stored in the large "frunk," or front trunk. One large panel spans the width of the front row, with two half-panels over the left and right sides of the rear seat. Meanwhile, power-dropping rear glass opens up the cabin even more.

GMC Hummer EV Interior
The airy cockpit gets an extremely tech-forward approach befitting the truck’s premium positioning. The Hummer features a massive 13.4-inch infotainment screen and a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster. There’s a wealth of functionality in the system, too. Off-roaders – and mall crawlers – will appreciate the UltraVision front and rear underbody cameras that show a live view of what’s under the truck, making wheel placement (or parking) easier and more convenient. Other cameras provide a maximum of 18 different views.

The optional, unusually named Watts to Freedom mode activates an immersive driving experience that also unleashes the full capability of the EV powertrain for maximum acceleration. GM claims 0 to 60 miles per hour can happen in as few as three seconds in this mode.

In tamer driving, off-road widgets in the infotainment display and instrument cluster inform the driver of the vehicle’s torque output, locking differential status, tire pressure, pitch and roll angles, torque split, and more. The hoon within all of us will also like the “drift gauge,” that keeps a running tally of the Hummer’s maximum drift angle.

GMC Hummer EV Specs & Features
At launch, the 2022 GMC Hummer EV will take marching orders from three electric motors that offer a GM-estimated 1,000 horsepower (746 kilowatts) and laughable 11,500 pound-feet (15,592 newton-meters). Pardon our skepticism, but we’re all but certain that number is far from credible – it likely represents torque where the tire meets the road, which is always higher than what’s made by the actual powertrain. According to reporting from Car and Driver, the electric motors probably produce closer to 800 lb-ft (1,085 Nm), a number that would be more impressive had GM stuck to it rather than giving into the temptation to trump up its numbers.

One Hummer EV boast that requires no caveats is its impressive 800-volt DC fast charging, compatible with chargers of up to 350 kilowatts. Credit GM’s Ultium batteries here, which can swap from parallel to series mode while charging, adding up to 100 miles of range in 10 minutes. GMC hasn’t announced the battery’s size just yet, but the 24-module, double-stacked pack provides an estimated range of 350-plus miles.

The thoroughly modern Hummer offers four-wheel steering, including an already-teased CrabWalk feature that angles the rear wheels in phase with the fronts at low speeds, improving maneuverability in certain conditions. We’re not exactly sure when such a thing would be handy off-road, though – perhaps when traversing a hillside laterally. Hopefully, the Hummer’s four-wheel steering also allows the rear wheels to turn out of phase with the fronts to reduce the turning radius. That claimed wheel torque will undoubtedly be a boon over obstacle-strewn paths, particularly GMC claims that the Hummer EV can scale 18-inch verticals.

An adaptive air suspension can raise the Hummer up to 6 inches, although the company hasn’t released off-road geometry figures yet. Still, we assume that it will offer impressive ground clearance and approach, departure, and breakover angles, especially given the claim that it can ford more than 2 feet of standing water.

What’s more, the electric Hummer should be as capable on-road as it is off. GM estimates that the tri-motor launch vehicle will sprint to 60 miles per hour in just 3 seconds, a number that would shame any number of performance cars and just about keep up with Tesla’s claimed 2.9-second Cybertruck. And when it’s time to relax a bit, the Hummer EV is available with Super Cruise, GM’s hands-off driver assistance feature. The latest version of Super Cruise even detects when a lane change would be optimal, initiating the maneuver and using the turn signal appropriately.

GMC Hummer EV Price & Release Date
The first electric Hummer up for grabs is the $112,595 Edition 1, which will be the only model available when the pickup arrives in Fall 2021. Every Edition 1 will be identically equipped, painted white and outfitted with an attractive, modern Lunar Horizon interior. Like most launch specials, the 2022 GMC Hummer EV Edition 1 is fully loaded, including the Infinity Roof, Watts to Freedom drive mode, adaptive dampers, an Extreme Off-Road Package (underbody armor, rock sliders, and those 35-inch tires), and four-wheel steering with CrabWalk. Super Cruise also comes standard on the Edition 1.

In Fall 2022, one year after the Hummer’s initial launch, a $99,995 variant called the EV3X will arrive with a three-motor powertrain, adaptive air suspension, Watts to Freedom mode, CrabWalk, and active torque vectoring. Then, in Spring 2023, we’ll get the $89,995 Hummer EV2X, which offers CrabWalk, adaptive air suspension, and a two-motor electric powertrain. Fleshing out the lineup in Spring 2024 will be the two-motor EV2 base model, foregoes most of the EV2X’s off-road goodies to hit a base price of $79,995.

GMC’s trim walk here is a complete head-scratcher. It’s a bit odd that we’ll have to wait three and a half years for the base-model Hummer EV to arrive, particularly since we’ll see that top-spec Edition 1 in about a year. In the intervening time, we think we’ll see production-ready Rivian R1T and Tesla Cybertruck offerings hit the market, giving the General some stiff competition if those models’ claimed numbers are to be believed.

GMC Hummer V. Tesla Cybertruck And Others
Speaking of the Battlestar Galactica–styled pickup, Tesla’s Cybertruck promises to be the electric Hummer’s most likely foe. While the Hummer EV is something of a throwback to American off-road (and militaristic) nostalgia, the Cybertruck is pure futurism. If it can stick to its claimed performance, pricing, and availability, the Cybertruck will make the GMC a harder sell. Of course, Tesla has made promises it couldn’t keep before, so we’ll have to wait and see. Both pickups will face additional all-electric competition from the Atlis XT, the Bollinger B1, the Lordstown Endurance, and the Rivian R1T.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 2388
Size:  65.3 KB

GMC Hummer SUV
It’s all-but-guaranteed that the Hummer will spawn a conventional SUV variant, especially given rumors that it will share its BT1 electric truck platform with a flagship Cadillac electric sport-ute. The electric Hummer SUV will likely offer three rows of seating and a fair amount of cargo room, akin to the similarly sized GMC Yukon.

GMC Hummer EV FAQ
When does the Hummer EV go on sale?
Fall 2021

Can I pre-order the Hummer EV?
Online reservation banks opened shortly after the GMC Hummer EV's official debut, costing $100.

What's the price of the Hummer EV?
The loaded Edition 1 will cost $112,595 and be the only model available for the 2022 model year. Other trims will arrive over the next three years, culminating in a two-motor base model for $79,995

What's the range of the Hummer EV?
GMC claims a maximum range of 350-plus miles, courtesy of three electric motors and Ultium batteries with an unconfirmed capacity.

Will there be an SUV version of the Hummer EV?
There will be an SUV version of the Hummer EV built on the same BT1 electric truck platform. The electric Hummer SUV might also share its mechanicals with a flagship EV Cadillac sport-ute.
Name:  1.jpg
Views: 2086
Size:  309.7 KB
Name:  2.jpg
Views: 2039
Size:  213.4 KB
Name:  3.jpg
Views: 2064
Size:  248.7 KB
Name:  4.jpg
Views: 2033
Size:  58.2 KB
Name:  5.jpg
Views: 1996
Size:  242.8 KB
Name:  6.jpg
Views: 2092
Size:  268.1 KB
Name:  7.jpg
Views: 2128
Size:  165.4 KB
Name:  8.jpg
Views: 2043
Size:  144.9 KB
Name:  11.JPG
Views: 2120
Size:  314.8 KB

Update 4/3/21 GMC unveils new Hummer EV SUV
2024 GMC Hummer EV SUV Debuts Its Broad Bod For March Madness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor1
When we first learned about the GMC Hummer EV pickup, we knew an SUV would eventually enter the scene. GMC began teasing the electric SUV some time ago, and now the day is officially here. Say hello to the 2024 GMC Hummer EV SUV, which fuses all the same cool tech and performance from the truck with no small about of old-school Hummer H2 nostalgia.

We'll answer the first question you're likely asking. Yes, the SUV offers the same three-motor electric layout as the pickup, with a lower-priced two-motor version also available later. You won't feel the same punch as the pickup, however, as GMC estimates the tri-motor Hummer EV SUV with up to 830 horsepower (619 kilowatts). That's down from the truck which boasts 1,000 hp (746 kW), but torque is still listed as 11,500 pound-feet (15,592 Newton-meters).

Of course, that's torque at the wheels, whereas typical measurements are made at the engine. Since the Hummer has multiple motors in place of a single internal-combustion engine, some gray area in measurement-taking is understood. For a more apples-to-apples comparison, the wheel torque rating should equal a shaft rating of approximately 1,000 lb-ft (1,356 Nm). That places the Hummer SUV on-par with heavy-duty diesel pickups, which is still seriously impressive for any application, never mind a luxury SUV.

Speaking of which, you'll find the same five-passenger interior layout for the SUV as you get in the truck. The rear section is obviously new and includes a mounted full-size spare along with a sizable cargo area. As far as features go, expect to see Enhanced Super Cruise, the bonkers four-wheel-steer Crabwalk Mode, Extract Mode, and the explosive Watts To Freedom launch mode. In three-motor Hummers, that will deliver a 0-60 time of 3.5 seconds when prowling the streets. Off the beaten path, GMC says the Hummer SUV should have best-in-class approach and departure angles, not to mention a 35.4-foot turning circle on models with 4 Wheel Steer.

Buyers looking for maximum bling will want the Edition 1 model, which comes standard with 22-inch wheels and customizations galore. However, it's also available with the Extreme Off-Road package that swaps the big wheels for 18-inchers wrapped in aggressive 35-inch tires. The package further enhances the Hummer's off-roading with a front eLocker and virtual rear lockers, heavy-duty half shafts, underbody cameras, and for protection of vital areas, rock sliders and skid plates. If that's not enough, GMC will have over 200 accessories available at launch.

Regardless of the trim, GM's Ultium platform with 800v capability will be underneath, save for the entry-level model which uses a 400v system. Range varies from 250-plus miles for the base trim to 300-plus for the others. Adding the Extreme Off-Road package reduces range to 280-plus miles, but GMC is keen to remind us these are all preliminary estimates. And with nearly two years until the Hummer SUV goes on sale, there's certainly time to change things up.

On that front, the Hummer SUV follows a hierarchy similar to the pickup. The Edition 1 lands first, arriving in early 2023 with a starting price of $105,595, or $110,595 with the Extreme Off-Road package. Both the Hummer EV 3X and 2X follow in spring 2023; the tri-motor 3X starts at $99,995 with the 625-hp (466-kW) dual-motor 2X starting at $89,995. Lastly, the dual-motor EV2 arrives in the spring of 2024 at $79,995.

Last edited by stein_325i; 04-04-2021 at 02:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 07:13 PM   #2
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Well I was wrong with my price prediction. The 1000hp models starts well over $100K as it turns out ($112K), and even the base model with 625hp starts at $80K.

https://www.gmc.com/electric-truck/h...ev/reserve-now
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25051.00
      10-20-2020, 07:15 PM   #3
stein_325i
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Well I was wrong with my price prediction. The 1000hp models starts well over $100K as it turns out ($112K), and even the base model with 625hp starts at $80K.

https://www.gmc.com/electric-truck/h...ev/reserve-now
Yeah, I'm not sure how this will turn out for GM, the price is incredibly high. Can't wait for the endless comments from Tesla owners preaching the cybertrucks. Its a very interesting truck, but even an $80k base model is really high. This is definitely aiming towards the "luxury truck" crowd it seems.
mkoesel7505.50
      10-20-2020, 09:11 PM   #4
spiceyxi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 528i, '06 Z4C & '13 135i

That price. A tri-motor cybertruck with full self driving is pretty much the same price as the base model.

Personally, the interior seems a bit disappointing for that price.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25051.00
      10-20-2020, 09:24 PM   #5
//Melon
Designer, Builder, Thrasher of Tires.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1987 BMW 325, 2014 BMW 328i

Hummer is a status symbol, and this fits the bill perfectly.
Now, releasing this in the midst of an economic downturn is not so great.
Appreciate 1
Kelse921131.50
      10-20-2020, 10:45 PM   #6
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

I like how they followed Tesla in regards to disingenuously advertising the torque figures before applying a final drive reduction ratio.

Let’s start advertising torque figures for vehicles produced in 1st gear.....

This hummer looks badass though. Interior looks weird in some areas.The door grab handles look like the grab handles in the handicap bathroom stall.
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25051.00
Vivek.1363.50
      10-20-2020, 10:47 PM   #7
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure how this will turn out for GM, the price is incredibly high. Can't wait for the endless comments from Tesla owners preaching the cybertrucks. Its a very interesting truck, but even an $80k base model is really high. This is definitely aiming towards the "luxury truck" crowd it seems.
Are you kidding? People are buying 80K trucks all day long and FordGMDodge are laughing all the way to the bank. Trucks are the new luxury sedan and have even eclipsed SUVs for stupid-ness. Raptors are 80-90K and are everywhere. People want to roll around in a truck, it's like crack to Americans. It will sell like crack.
Vervain396.50
jjasonSU194.00
      10-20-2020, 10:52 PM   #8
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

I’m taking the Ram TRX over this one.
Appreciate 2
RM72870.00
Kelse921131.50
      10-21-2020, 01:15 AM   #9
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

I'd take this over a Tesla truck any day. It actually looks like a Truck and I'm sure it will have the capability. H2 and H3s were awesome overland rigs.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 1
swanson733.00
      10-21-2020, 01:16 AM   #10
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Looks pretty damn cool. Can't believe I'm saying that about a GM product.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 01:47 AM   #11
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
I like how they followed Tesla in regards to disingenuously advertising the torque figures before applying a final drive reduction ratio.

Let’s start advertising torque figures for vehicles produced in 1st gear.....

This hummer looks badass though. Interior looks weird in some areas.The door grab handles look like the grab handles in the handicap bathroom stall.
Could you elaborate more on this? 11,500lb-ft just seems too good to be true. Not sure how the 'final drive reduction ratio' comes into play.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 01:55 AM   #12
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

“Watts to Freedom”

10-21-2020, 06:22 AM   #13
stein_325i
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Quote:
Are you kidding? People are buying 80K trucks all day long and FordGMDodge are laughing all the way to the bank. Trucks are the new luxury sedan and have even eclipsed SUVs for stupid-ness. Raptors are 80-90K and are everywhere. People want to roll around in a truck, it's like crack to Americans. It will sell like crack.
Oh I know. My youngest works for a Ford Dealer part time and tells me about how many people spend ridiculous money on a truck. However, $80k starting is still not very appealing for many. Its not like it starts low and goes high to capture a large market like a regular F150 or even a Cybertruck, it starts high and goes higher. With Hummer having been gone for years now, I'm not sure how much the demand is for an EV truck outside of Tesla. I know there is demand for luxury trucks, but do those buyers want an electric truck is the question, and do they want it from GM of all companies. Truck owners have always struck me as people who want engines, but maybe they will be swayed by this. It seems every EV except for Tesla always seems to do terribly, so I'm waiting to see, it could do extremely well, or it may not. But I have a feeling this will just hype up Cybertruck lovers more than anything.
      10-21-2020, 07:51 AM   #14
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
A gear reduction reduces speed, not torque. In fact, torque is multiplied. So you get a multiplication from the step-down in the transmission and another from the differential.

Now, it's true that this means the spec isn't directly comparable to the ones you typically see associated with a combustion vehicle. And it's true that this is a marketing tactic. But disingenuous? I suppose, but instead of getting put out by it, since manufacturers nearly always provide transmission gear ratios and final drive ratio for those vehicles, simply calculate their torque at the wheels yourself. Then you're not only more informed, but also less bothered by what the advertising folks are squawking about.

Quote:
Let's start advertising torque figures for vehicles produced in 1st gear.
Most EVs have a single speed transmission (as you know I'm sure), so the thought is, why not advertise wheel torque? You're correct that, with a multi-speed transmission, it would only obfuscate since the vehicle spends time operating at all of the different ratios the transmission offers and thus torque output varies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefnjr View Post
"Watts to Freedom"
Yeah, kinda corny. Google says that it's launch control for what it's worth.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/g...reedom-launch/
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 09:21 AM   #15
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Oh I know. My youngest works for a Ford Dealer part time and tells me about how many people spend ridiculous money on a truck. However, $80k starting is still not very appealing for many. Its not like it starts low and goes high to capture a large market like a regular F150 or even a Cybertruck, it starts high and goes higher. With Hummer having been gone for years now, I'm not sure how much the demand is for an EV truck outside of Tesla. I know there is demand for luxury trucks, but do those buyers want an electric truck is the question, and do they want it from GM of all companies. Truck owners have always struck me as people who want engines, but maybe they will be swayed by this. It seems every EV except for Tesla always seems to do terribly, so I'm waiting to see, it could do extremely well, or it may not. But I have a feeling this will just hype up Cybertruck lovers more than anything.
I actually think GM nailed this, even the pricing. The Hummer, is the top of the line truck in their lineup. Of course it's definitely a status symbol, but so were guys paying crazy prices for an H1 to cruise around Hollywood Blvd. Plus this is their first bite at the apple when it comes to electric trucks, but you can imagine the electric Silverados/Sierras will slot in under the price of a base Hummer. Considering Raptors and Ram TRX go for around the same price as a base Hummer, I think it works very well. Kudos to them.

Overall, I think this makes far more sense than the price of these electric cars that are on the wrong end of $100k. I think this will sell very well. And I'll believe the Cybertruck when I see it. For me to be really sold on electric cars, we need to start seeing something in between a Fiat 500e and Taycan S. Something that starts at 50-60k (only Tesla 3 at this point) would be something more realistic for me personally.

P.S. The T tops are amazing, and I wish there were more cars with it! Also bring back Targa roof cars
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25051.00
swanson733.00
      10-21-2020, 10:45 PM   #16
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
My first 5-second reaction was horror and thoughts about how GM missed the exterior styling mark by a mile compared to the aesthetics of the new Bronco. I was busy at the time so I didn't get to look closer until later, but I think this thing is seriously ugly inside and out. The crawling rear wheel steer seems super gimmicky, but admittedly I know nothing about off roading. I also question the entire concept of a super heavy EV for anything approaching serious off roading. You're going to be able to forge rivers and bang it against rocks? Seems to me like they're trying to portray it as having off road bonafides.
      10-22-2020, 07:22 AM   #17
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

So interesting video comparing the Tesla Cybertruck to the Hummer. I have to say this, if I was in the market for an EV Truck it'd be the Hummer (T Bar roof and all, I hope they fixed the leaking from the 70's) When the Tesla was introduced I thought it looked neat but frankly it looks odd now, I suspect it will have a market of Tesla fanboys, no offence, but I just don't see it especially against the likes of the Hummer, I could be wrong and time will tell. For me it's all academic as I just don't see me ever going EV, and if I wanted a beast of a truck I think I'd be looking at the new Bronco.

Appreciate 1
swanson733.00
      10-22-2020, 09:10 AM   #18
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
So interesting video comparing the Tesla Cybertruck to the Hummer. I have to say this, if I was in the market for an EV Truck it'd be the Hummer (T Bar roof and all, I hope they fixed the leaking from the 70's) When the Tesla was introduced I thought it looked neat but frankly it looks odd now, I suspect it will have a market of Tesla fanboys, no offence, but I just don't see it especially against the likes of the Hummer, I could be wrong and time will tell. For me it's all academic as I just don't see me ever going EV, and if I wanted a beast of a truck I think I'd be looking at the new Bronco.
I have no interest for the Cybertruck, and still doubt it will look like that when released anyway (key word when). I think a more comparable truck for me would be the Rivian.

While I'm not in the market in the near future, an electric truck would fit my need perfectly. My commute is only 8 miles, I could still haul house stuff in the bed, use rear seats to chauffeur my 2 dogs around. On other days, I'd just drive my M's with 6MT goodness, best of both worlds.

As I said before, electric cars would make great DD's. Having the interior as cold as a fridge during a 100F day in South Carolina by the time I got to the car after work was a game changer for me the one time I had a PHEV for a week. However, I'm just not willing to pay the $$$ required to get into this game, nor do I really want to be the guinea pig.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 04:50 PM   #19
kaputt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 128i 6MT - sold

What’s the point of an electric off road vehicle. Where you take it you can’t charge it.

I guess most people who own Hummers won’t use it for that anyway though.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 05:40 PM   #20
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

GMC Hummer could be resurrected as electric vehicle only. Kudos to GM product planners. All GM has to do now is delivering a vehicle which matches buyers' quality expectations.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 09:42 PM   #21
stein_325i
No_Country
Rep

Well thats interesting... https://insideevs.com/news/450345/gm...xists-yet/amp/
Attached Images

10-29-2020, 10:42 AM   #22
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
It's worked that way for every other EV manufacturer too.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25051.00