BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

08-15-2019, 01:17 PM   #1
VailM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is

Advise on a 650 GC

Always like the look of the 6GC, too bad the M6 never came with Xdrive, that being said anyone have experience with 650 GC.

There are mightly good deals to be had with them right now for 2 year old with sub 10k miles. There quite a few in the mid 50 to 60 range that are basically hardly driven

56 down from 166 with 13k KM
https://www.autoscout24.ch/fr/d/bmw-...dy=5&vehtyp=10

66 down from 171 with 11k KM (anyone ever seen individual frozen bronze metallic in person??)
https://www.autoscout24.ch/fr/d/bmw-...dy=5&vehtyp=10

Last edited by VailM3; 08-15-2019 at 02:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 02:11 PM   #2
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Links don't work, at least for me. Many people here have experience withe 650 GC - probably 95% of the members here have a GC, and a large chunk of those are the 650.

As for frozen bronze, I'm personally not fan of the matte colors for 2 reasons - (1) it's just too dull for my taste, and (2) matte paint is much harder to care for. You can't just pull out your buffer to fix minor scratches.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 02:18 PM   #3
VailM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
Links don't work, at least for me. Many people here have experience withe 650 GC - probably 95% of the members here have a GC, and a large chunk of those are the 650.

As for frozen bronze, I'm personally not fan of the matte colors for 2 reasons - (1) it's just too dull for my taste, and (2) matte paint is much harder to care for. You can't just pull out your buffer to fix minor scratches.
sry updated links
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 05:50 PM   #4
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

You should use a BMW VIN decoder to see which options each has. All I can say for sure is that the bronze one has the super-weird seat massagers, and the black one does not. I have them, and they are weird.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 08:21 PM   #5
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

I've had my 2017 650xi GC for about 2.5 years now. It's been great. I have about 8k or 9k miles on it - my DD, but I work from home, so it doesn't get driven that much.

An M6 with xDrive would have been great. It's one of the reasons that pushed me to the 650, since the xDrive was more valuable to me than the additional power. But had I the option to have both, that would have been the way.

So far, the car has been very reliable. Granted, it doesn't have much mileage on it, so I'd expect it to be. But you certainly should steer clear of any of the early N63 powered cars. The N63TU cars have been pretty good, especially if you stay with a low mileage car.

The 6GC has probably been one of BMW's most stylish cars in the last 20 years, and its style is one of the key "benefits." But you do pay for that style. Despite being quite a large car (exterior dimensions), the back seats are very restricted in both leg and head room. The sunroof doesn't slide open, and there's no power trunk. These are pretty minor issues, however, for most.

The sheer size (length) of the car is also a consideration. When I've needed to travel into a city and park in a tight garage, this certainly isn't the easiest car to park. The low slung seating position, combined with the width and length of the car, do make it a bit of a challenge in some of those circumstances - but thankfully the numerous camera systems make it nearly impossible to screw up if turned on.

On the positive side, aside from the aforementioned styling benefits, a well optioned 6GC is a really nice place to spend time. The interior quality is excellent - but I'd make sure to spring for a car with the right options. BMW is notorious for numerous options, and the 6GC is no exception. Some of my favorites include the B&O stereo, the ACC stop and go, and night vision.

Again, I've found the 6GC very reliable to date. While I haven't drive it a ton, I did own a 2014 550xi with the same engine for 3 years prior and found it just as reliable. So, I'd recommend a late model 650 without hesitation. If you're interested in features such as Apple Car Play or OTA map updates, just keep in mind that some of these only became available in the later model years.
Appreciate 0