BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      08-12-2019, 03:43 PM   #1
boyhamdzui
Private
Rep
Drives: F13 640i coupe m sport

On a beautiful day in FL after raining for so many days, I opened my trunk and saw some water under the hollow plastic piece (where the tow hook is). I try to scoop the water out thinking I'm the one who spills the water. However, the water kept filling back up. I removed that piece completely and saw a pool of water half way fill my battery compartment . I have to remove some blind plugs to excavate all the water, reinstall them and watch for a few days. Rain came back (basically everyday in FL summer). I checked it daily since then and found little water built up each day. I checked taillight, trunk seal and everywhere on top of the trunk, no sight of water. Only one place that has water trail is #1 (the hollow rail in the side) in this picture https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=41_2125. I wonder if anyone can give me any suggestions? I think it could be a drainage clogged somewhere but don't know specific location.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 05:58 AM   #2
Russbmw
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 630iGT sport

Garage List
Not sure on specifics, but I've had BMW's for about 20 years or so, and whenever there's water leaking into the boot it has been from the rear light seals
      11-03-2019, 12:02 PM   #3
boyhamdzui
Private
Rep
Drives: F13 640i coupe m sport

I finally found the leak, if anyone has the same issue you may check this spot too
Attached Images

Appreciate 0