BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

08-14-2019, 07:03 PM   #23
KINOPTIK
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 2D

Great work
Appreciate 1
hugo_nz3183.50
      01-29-2020, 10:27 PM   #24
willywi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW x3, BMW x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo_nz View Post
Wee update. With the retrofit done and working 100% I noticed that ISTA was running quite slow when doing its it's initial test and subsequent fault clearing. 5 minutes to do a complete identification with test, and another 5 minutes to clear any errors and re-test. The control unit tree was also a mess since it was looking for CIC, CID, Combox and ZBE2 whilst not knowing what to do with the ZBE3 and TBX. KOMBI and AMP were also showing as red, and obviously NBT wasn't showing at all.

I corrected this in two steps. First was to update the FA, second was to update the VCM with the SVT Actual data. The basic steps re-configured the control unit tree to now show the actual connections, i.e no MOST connection to from the ZGW, etc. AMP, KOMBI and HU_NBT were missing from both ECU and VCM reads now, but I fixed this by running a new TAL calculation and in TAL processing selecting HWInstall only. Esys was also set to update VCM after TAL processing. Presto, all three missing modules show up in both ISTA and Esys. ISTA now does the identification and test in under a minute again.

Oh, and the TBX had a "no coding data" error in ISTA so I injected a CafD in Esys and coded it. Error gone :-)

Hello there, I recently did CIC to NBT retrofit my self and eveything is complete and working fine except for the control unit tree in ISTA. I replaced my ZGW02 - Mid to ZGW02 4SK which doesn't have MOST connector. The unit tree on ISTA shows ZBE3 on K-CAN1 instead of K-CAN2, NBT headunit is only connected to MOST line from ZGW no K-CAN2 connect to headunit which is wrong since ZGW no longer have MOST output. Can you please tell me the procedure of fixing controll unit tree? I would very appreciate it.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2023, 05:09 PM   #25
shmalik
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e53

Thinking of doing a CIC to EVO retrofit, just wanted to know if HUD will work afterwards?
Can someone confirm?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2023, 07:34 AM   #26
SWFLf10
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpina B6, 2015 535i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmalik View Post
Thinking of doing a CIC to EVO retrofit, just wanted to know if HUD will work afterwards?
Can someone confirm?
I went from NBT to EVO and had no issues, besides needing a power adapter for the screen. No other special needs for it that I remember.

So if someone can confirm at least CIC to NBT HUD works, then there should be no reason CIC to EVO wouldn’t.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 01:56 PM   #27
rorz12
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 650i Gran Coupe

I don't mean to hijack the thread but I think a good alternative route (which I ended up taking) for those who are considering the upgrade is to get an android head unit. Much easier installation and no programming, bigger (12.3") and more modern screen, touch screen, seamless integration with CIC.. And you get to install the full versions of Waze, Google Maps, Spotify etc + Android Auto/Carplay.. and best of all can be had for 400-500 USD. Looks great too. I don't see why one should go through the hassle of NBT when it's already several years old.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2023, 08:49 AM   #28
SWFLf10
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorz12 View Post
I don't mean to hijack the thread but I think a good alternative route (which I ended up taking) for those who are considering the upgrade is to get an android head unit. Much easier installation and no programming, bigger (12.3") and more modern screen, touch screen, seamless integration with CIC.. And you get to install the full versions of Waze, Google Maps, Spotify etc + Android Auto/Carplay.. and best of all can be had for 400-500 USD. Looks great too. I don't see why one should go through the hassle of NBT when it's already several years old.
For most people, that’s probably a great alternative that cheaper and potentially easier. Some people prefer to keep it all OEM if possible though, such as myself. Just something about upgrading the system using genuine components that just feels right.

Not that there’s anything truly wrong with all the other options out there. Just comes down to person preference.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2023, 11:44 AM   #29
rorz12
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 650i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFLf10 View Post
For most people, that’s probably a great alternative that cheaper and potentially easier. Some people prefer to keep it all OEM if possible though, such as myself. Just something about upgrading the system using genuine components that just feels right.

Not that there’s anything truly wrong with all the other options out there. Just comes down to person preference.
Agree 100% about using OE as much as possible. For the screen + HU upgrade though it was just SO expensive (~$1500 when I was looking ) it didn't seem right given that I still wouldn't get what I want most which is Waze/Maps, big screen, touch..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2023, 12:30 PM   #30
SWFLf10
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorz12 View Post
Agree 100% about using OE as much as possible. For the screen + HU upgrade though it was just SO expensive (~$1500 when I was looking ) it didn't seem right given that I still wouldn't get what I want most which is Waze/Maps, big screen, touch..
That’s very true about the price.

I personally went with the NBT EVO so I could have CarPlay. And I have a touchscreen I still have to install sometime in the future.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2023, 10:04 PM   #31
shmalik
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e53

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFLf10 View Post
I went from NBT to EVO and had no issues, besides needing a power adapter for the screen. No other special needs for it that I remember.

So if someone can confirm at least CIC to NBT HUD works, then there should be no reason CIC to EVO wouldn’t.
Done the CIC to EVO retrofit and everything works including HUD however the arrows or graphics show slightly off centre to the right, and also the right side of the graphics is cut off. Does anyone had this issue, if so what is the solution?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 10:02 PM   #32
BlackBear
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Cab + M850 + McLaren 570Spi

I have an NBT head unit and a monitor and got a long APIX cable, the two fiber optic bridges and Bluetooth Antenna on order.

Which wires need to be changed on the quadlock other than the radio antenna, wire from pin 13 to 15? What pin #s on the quadlock do the CAN 2 wires from the CAS go into?
Appreciate 0