BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

06-03-2019, 09:42 PM   #1
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Fuel line / Injector cleaner question

When I brought my M6 out of storage from the winter, I ran down the stabilized fuel in the tank left from winter storage and filled with BG44K for the first tank of this season.

I'm told that the BG44K is a once per year treatment because ofthe concentration of chemical cleansers it contains, but do you guys recommend something periodically every couple tsnks, like Techron, or some other product? Or is the one treatment I gave it enough?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 04:14 PM   #2
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
When I brought my M6 out of storage from the winter, I ran down the stabilized fuel in the tank left from winter storage and filled with BG44K for the first tank of this season.

I'm told that the BG44K is a once per year treatment because ofthe concentration of chemical cleansers it contains, but do you guys recommend something periodically every couple tsnks, like Techron, or some other product? Or is the one treatment I gave it enough?
Im not sure what you added but I heard of techron ,I think I heard somewhere that these cars don't add anything in the fuel, the fuel stabilizer is a good idea but I think if you store with a full fuel tank of gas stabilizer isn't really needed for over winter, its the small amounts of fuel that can go bad ,lawnmower, chainsaw ,snowblower etc it evaporates and get like shellac .

i have been using Shell V Power Nitro plus 93 octane it suppose to have cleaners and anti friction additives.
https://www.shell.us/motorist/shell-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Appreciate 0