BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-21-2008, 04:59 PM   #23
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

I would tell him to get a new gig but.... how much do copier salespeople make? salary + commission but what is the norm? I remember being in an office and the owner got a call from one and he said they needed a new one but per sale how much do they usually make?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 10:47 PM   #24
Jaws
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpimping View Post
I would tell him to get a new gig but.... how much do copier salespeople make? salary + commission but what is the norm? I remember being in an office and the owner got a call from one and he said they needed a new one but per sale how much do they usually make?
+1. I'm in a sales position, but our sales are mostly to repeat customers and we sell technical products. Business machine sales are the puppy mills of the sales world. On a weekly basis the Canon, Toshiba, Xerox...reps drop by my office and the only thing they ask for is my business card so that they can show their handlers that they are door knocking. All of them are in their early 20s and I never see the same one twice. The turnover in that industry is huge.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 10:54 PM   #25
OverSpun
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW/CR E92 335i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
that i understand, but how to get in the door to show the value that's the question bro.

my friend sells, once he's let in he can sell. but getting in is the challenge, i guess
Definitely requires gold bracelets

05-21-2008, 10:58 PM   #26
///kory
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
aite awesome... getting leads is part of selling im guessing... but umm fine, what's the way to get leads? just social networking, knowing someone from within the company?

if u dont know anyone, how do u get ur leads?

like i know our saleswoman (in a software company) does an extensive research on CIO's/CEO's and finds details about their personal life like what they like to eat, when is their anniversaries, which football team they like and sends them a very personalized item as a gift. like she would go to a football player, get his autograph for the CEO and sends it to him. that worked for her over 80% of the time.

any other ideas u guys tried?
I am not sure how it works in his line of work, but in mine buying good leads from a lead generating company works great. If there isn't really any companies that do that in his field, just start banging away on the phone. I've done hundreds of cold calls to generate my own leads, and while it works I still prefer just buying warm leads =).

But yes, sales is the way to go. If he is good at it, you have a career where you can pretty much set your own income.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 11:36 PM   #27
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

the only person I knew that was in the biz was a real wacko who can't hold a job anywhere and I ran into this old dude who seemed like a lightweight... I think if you work at a country club that would be a sweet job but do not know for sure...
Appreciate 0