02-14-2008, 10:47 AM   #24
pbdm4k
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBitch View Post

Thank god for Domestics.. atleast no one there is trying to one up the next person.. we're helping eachother rip motors apart and putting them back together.
And you're saying that we're all pricks and don't give fellow members a helping hand?

Now that's just rude. Welcome to the prick mentality (or in your case the bitch mentality).

But at least its nice to know you're NOT a bitch and you love boobs... hey.. whaddaya know, you and I have that in common. Not a bitch.. love boobs.. not a bitch.. love boobs... SWEET!
'03 VW GTI, '99 Audi A4 1.8TQ, '00 VW Jetta 1.85T, '09 BMW 335i xDrive, '04 BMW Z4 3.0i, '01 Audi TT 1.8T, '04 Volvo S80 2.5T
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2008, 02:12 PM   #25
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbdm4k View Post
And you're saying that we're all pricks and don't give fellow members a helping hand?

Now that's just rude. Welcome to the prick mentality (or in your case the bitch mentality).

But at least its nice to know you're NOT a bitch and you love boobs... hey.. whaddaya know, you and I have that in common. Not a bitch.. love boobs.. not a bitch.. love boobs... SWEET!
I don't think anyone said "all" but by and large yeah, look at the toolsheds in this forum... It's lame. You've got Rich kids, who BTW aren't really the problem usually, you've got the Ex Ricer Tuners who for the first time can afford a BMW and are pretty sure that grants them license to be lame, and you've got the Old fart Mid-life crisis guys who have saved and saved and are bummed that kids and "regular" folks are driving the same car and are pretty sure they are nothing special.

It's a money/Ego/American thing By and large. In a society where money is king, the trappings of wealth are substitutes for character and class. Shame, but there it is. This is why I largely go driving with the RX-8 Guys, or Subaru guys. They remember that cars are fun and are meant to be flogged out on the back roads. They WILL help out each other and look out for one another. They don't give a rats ass what kind of freaking poserific Douche-bag watch you may or may not own, they don't car about your vacuous wife's new implants. They are there to enjoy cars, and driving and maybe eat burger out in the sticks somewhere with folks who enjoy cars and driving, not posing and being self important.

I joined the BMWCCA thinking that surely here one would find actual driving enthusiasts and NOT the typical BimmerWeasel Douche-Bag. To some extent you do, but then there's a shift where if you aren't driving some old clapped out E30/E36 you're NOT REALLY an enthusiast and don't count anyway...

So yeah, Fuck em' all, I'll continue to be an extra polite and courteous driver, I smile I give the right of way, and do whatever I can to NOT be the stereo typical BMW Guy. These cars are meant to be driven, they aren't RARE, they aren't special or unique, they should not be treated as Middle Class Trophies. They are just cool cars...

I almost didn't buy a BMW because of the attitudes, I didn't want to be lumped into that group. Turns out the car is good enough that I don't mind, but I may not buy another one, not after what I've seen over the last year of the BMW community. It's embarrassing to think that other folks, NON-BMW owners can come onto this forum and see the tripe and pathetic nature of so many BMW drivers...
      02-14-2008, 02:23 PM   #26
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Did you forget: higher priced car = front of the line. Happens all the time when merging traffic. I like to get real close to them in my truck, see how well they think us commoners listen to the direcive to get out of their way. Same with the double-spot parkers.
Hmm, it is the opposite here. Ther shittier the truck, the less he cares if he gets hit

I tailgate sometimes, but only in the fast lane where there is either nobody besdie them or infront of them.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2008, 02:27 PM   #27
imaznumkay
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

during winter break, a woman in the 7er flickered her highbeams a shitload cuz i passed her doing not more than 5mph on sawgrass then she flew by me doing 120......
it was one of those "wtf?" moments
      02-14-2008, 02:28 PM   #28
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBitch View Post
Thank god for Domestics.. atleast no one there is trying to one up the next person.. we're helping eachother rip motors apart and putting them back together.
Too bad the rebuilding is not by choice... hail Ford! They just don't make them like they used to!

Haha, love the Coupe, great choice!
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2008, 02:30 PM   #29
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaznumkay View Post
during winter break, a woman in the 7er flickered her highbeams a shitload cuz i passed her doing not more than 5mph on sawgrass then she flew by me doing 120......
it was one of those "wtf?" moments
I've been there... I had a big ole' Ford F350 Diesel pulling a trailer, flash his brights a bunch because apparantly I passed him too quickly having come down the on-ramp...

It does give you a WTF? Moment or two... Never happened before I had the BMW...
      02-14-2008, 02:34 PM   #30
Taittinger
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue E92

Garage List
2007 335i Cpe  [0.00]
Kill them all and let God sort it out.

'07 Monaco Blue 335i ordered 9/4 built 9/21 shipped 9/28 arrived 10/12 at dealership 10/18 vroom 10/19 christened 11/3...
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2008, 03:01 PM   #31
TurboFan
Ski bum
Rep
Drives: sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
....I almost didn't buy a BMW because of the attitudes, I didn't want to be lumped into that group. Turns out the car is good enough that I don't mind, but I may not buy another one, not after what I've seen over the last year of the BMW community. It's embarrassing to think that other folks, NON-BMW owners can come onto this forum and see the tripe and pathetic nature of so many BMW drivers...

I was going to buy a G35 sedan for that very reason. I get so sick of the assumptions that come with driving a bimmer. I work with guys driving $50k trucks that say "it must be nice to be able to afford a BMW"...Morons.

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2008, 03:05 PM   #32
TurboFan
Ski bum
Rep
Drives: sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Did you forget: higher priced car = front of the line. Happens all the time when merging traffic. I like to get real close to them in my truck, see how well they think us commoners listen to the direcive to get out of their way. Same with the double-spot parkers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Hmm, it is the opposite here. Ther shittier the truck, the less he cares if he gets hit

I tailgate sometimes, but only in the fast lane where there is either nobody besdie them or infront of them.
Ahhh, that's why I love driving in my truck. Nissan Titan w/ a big 'ole Bull Bar on the front. It cracks me up when BMW/MB/Infiniti drivers cop the ego. Especially the ones in older cars, where I can actually out run them. Surprises the hell out of 'em!

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2008, 03:13 PM   #33
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
I was going to buy a G35 sedan for that very reason. I get so sick of the assumptions that come with driving a bimmer. I work with guys driving $50k trucks that say "it must be nice to be able to afford a BMW"...Morons.
No shit... I work with a bunch of folks that are Rolling their $55k trucks, with their $30k H-D in the garage, and they are so wrapped around the BMW thing that they don't even bother to think that there "rigs" cost more than my Bimmer...

I do catch a lot of shit for the color combination which is at least humorous. I get the "What's up, were they outta "Mens" colors when you bought that thing?"

Last edited by Revlis; 02-14-2008 at 05:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2008, 03:43 PM   #34
cgillio
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Garage List
2008 E92 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Just blow him a kiss
Sorry for the OT but i was looking at your location and its funny when you take out the ","
Appreciate 0