BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

03-17-2020, 09:27 PM   #1
650iLI
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 650IX

2012 650i xdrive

Hey guys. I needed some help with a new setup i want to do. I bought a 650i a couple months ago and i have the 20” m rims on it. The tires keep popping or the rims are cracking. I am sick of it on the nasty NY roads. So i just bought a nice set of style 351 rims 19”. I found and got a good deal on. What size spacers can i use and is it okay to run 245/45/19 without any issues? I need the thicker tires for a smoother ride and more rim protection. Thanks alot for looking
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 06:44 AM   #2
TON-III
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 640 DA X-Drive M-Sport -12

I do not know about the spacers but if you'd like to have smooth running pay attention to tire load class, there's not much to play but still try to avoid those most high figures ! I did have new winter tyres in my ex car when bought it ( those were absolutely too high, maybe 96) and the I turned to maybe too low class ones but the ride, I felt that the tyres were working as should !!! You can think this like that the maximum is that (hard as a rock) RF tyre, who likes them ?

I did do the same with my current 6'er, it did have 245/45/18 winter tyres round 100 load class when purchased, then swapped to 225/50/18 and 95 load class tyres and the sky opened !
Appreciate 0