BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

12-11-2019, 04:36 PM   #1
Titus640xi
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 640xi

F06 Comfort Access Question

Hi @ all,

I have a question about the comfort access system (keyless entry) of the F06 series. My car is a 2016 model.

When I grab the door handle all doors unlock (this is normal for European Models I know in the USA maybe only the drivers door unlocks), the trunk and the fuel door unlocks. So far all good .... BUT I noticed that everytime I grab a door handle again while the car is still unlocked the lock of the fuel door makes a opening noise again though it is already unlocked.

Is this normal ? I never noticed it before over the last 3 years.

Thank you for your replies

Last edited by Titus640xi; 12-11-2019 at 04:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 10:11 AM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

This is going to be hard for North American forum members to answer because our cars are LHD (left hand drive)...and the fuel filler flap is on the other side of the car. So its something we can't see...perhaps "hear" if we're in a quiet location.

I can't say that I've noticed because its not usual to touch the door handle more than once to open it. The closest I can come is when I get to close to the CA ridges on the door handle and actually lock the car instead of opening it.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 12-12-2019 at 03:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 11:14 AM   #3
elvisisdog
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 MSport 2013/09

What your describing is exactly the same as mine when the battery in the key fob started to get low. Over the course of about a month the locking sound would happen on the rear door (RHD) behind drivers door. Over the course of a month the drivers door stopped unlocking and getting present key message. Put a new battery in the key fob and everything returned to normal.

Worth noting that after a service the software must have been updated in mine, as driver door unlocks only if I use this handle, where as if I touch any other door I get total car unlock. I'm assuming it must be codeable, but not really something that bothers me.

UK spec F06 640d 13 plate.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 12:32 PM   #4
Titus640xi
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 640xi

Ok. Thank you guys. I am from Germany and it is a german model. I will take it to the dealership and ask about the behaviour. BTW the key fob batteries are brand new.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 02:44 PM   #5
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

I would imagine that this is normal OP. To prevent this, you can code it so it only unlocks the driver door.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 06:08 PM   #6
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
This is going to be hard for North American forum members to answer because our cars are LHD (left hand drive)...and the fuel filler flap is on the other side of the car. So its something we can't see...perhaps "hear" if we're in a quiet location.

I can't say that I've noticed because its not usual to touch the door handle more than once to open it. The closest I can come is when I get to close to the CA ridges on the door handle and actually lock the car instead of opening it.
I'd say this is right.

On mine, touching once will unlock the driver's door. Touching again will unlock all others, I believe. But typically if I just want to unlock all doors, I'll just reach for the rear door, as that will unlock all doors from the get-go.

I wouldn't be surprised if the gas door is actuated with each unlock action, though. I just can't say I've ever been able to hear it.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 07:29 PM   #7
Derekz4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i. BMW Z4,01 Bullitt

This may sound funny, if you give any door handle the reach around it will unlock all doors. If you just touch the top of the handle where the ribs are it will lock them.
Appreciate 0