BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      11-03-2018, 10:18 PM   #1
monkeyf13
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13

SPORT mode issues

Hi all! I just got my coilovers installed yesterday and am now having issues with staying on SPORT mode. It allows me to switch from Comfort to Sport during a complete stop, however, when I accelerate, it will switch it back to Comfort Mode.

When I start my car the warning says "CHASSIS: Drive Moderately".

The coilovers did not have the plugs that the stock suspension came with. Could that the issue? If so, how do I fix it? Can it be fixed by CODING it?

Thanks so much for everyone's expertise!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 05:42 AM   #2
markymarc1979
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16 G12 + 15 F06 + 17 F15

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
This is why I never lowered my M6.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 11:58 AM   #3
Havy
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

What kind of coilover do you use? Make, brand. Are they compatible with the OEM suspension?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 07:30 PM   #4
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

WOW...don't know where to start. Not knowing how much you already know and understand...but the electrical harness to your 4 shocks is connected to other modules that send data to the VDM & ICM modules as well as other sensors (steering angle, height, acceleration, etc sensors) which are also affected by the DDC (dynamic driving control) switch on the center console.

Your car is optioned with multiple interconnected suspension systems....electronic damping control (EDC), integrated chassis mangagement (ICM), and vertical dynamic management (VDM). If you disconnect the EDC shocks, then data that the ICM module is expecting to receive is disabled/cancelled and is causing these integrated systems to go into a default mode.

Again, this is a lot of technical and integrated systems...the best I can recommend is to go to the www.newtis.info website and enter your VIN...then do a search for EDC, VDM, and ICM (type the actual words for the acronyms which were given above in the previous paragraph in the search box)...or look for the info under suspension/chassis links on the TIS website. It goes into details as to how all of these modules and systems are connected by the sensors, shocks, control modules, and switch on the console.

Good luck.

EDiT: just for a small example...you can see how the switch on the console (#14 in illustration below) is connected to a lot of other systems (this was taken from the integrated chassis management (FUB) on the TIS website):

1 Vertical dynamics management (VDM)
2 Active Steering (AL)
3 Rear axle slip angle control (HSR)
4 Dynamic stability control (DSC)
5 Digital Engine Electronics or Digital Diesel Electronics (DME or DDE)
6 Steering column switch centre (SZL)
7 Rear right ride height sensor
8 Integrated chassis management (ICM)
9 Rear left ride height sensor
10 Instrument panel (KOMBI)
11 Central gateway module (ZGM)
12 Car access system (CAS)
13 Front left ride height sensor
14 Drive dynamics control switch
15 Servotronic valve (not in conjunction with EPS electromechanical power steering)
16 ACC control unit with ACC sensor
17 ECO valve (not in conjunction with EPS electromechanical power steering)
18 Front right ride height sensor

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 11-04-2018 at 10:49 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2018, 07:56 PM   #5
Siciliano611
Major
Rep
Drives: SMB M6GC

WhAt a dummy 🤦🏽*♂️🤦🏽*♂️🤦🏽*♂️
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 10:55 PM   #6
monkeyf13
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
WOW...don't know where to start. Not knowing how much you already know and understand...but the electrical harness to your 4 shocks is connected to other modules that send data to the VDM & ICM modules as well as other sensors (steering angle, height, acceleration, etc sensors) which are also affected by the DDC (dynamic driving control) switch on the center console.

Your car is optioned with multiple interconnected suspension systems....electronic damping control (EDC), integrated chassis mangagement (ICM), and vertical dynamic management (VDM). If you disconnect the EDC shocks, then data that the ICM module is expecting to receive is disabled/cancelled and is causing these integrated systems to go into a default mode.

Again, this is a lot of technical and integrated systems...the best I can recommend is to go to the www.newtis.info website and enter your VIN...then do a search for EDC, VDM, and ICM (type the actual words for the acronyms which were given above in the previous paragraph in the search box)...or look for the info under suspension/chassis links on the TIS website. It goes into details as to how all of these modules and systems are connected by the sensors, shocks, control modules, and switch on the console.

Good luck.

EDiT: just for a small example...you can see how the switch on the console (#14 in illustration below) is connected to a lot of other systems (this was taken from the integrated chassis management (FUB) on the TIS website):

2 Active Steering (AL)
15 Servotronic valve (not in conjunction with EPS electromechanical power steering)
Wow! Thanks for taking the time to respond. This greatly helps. I will check out. I really appreciate it
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 01:23 AM   #7
Mr. M6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6

Garage List
2014 BMW M6 F06  [9.25]
cant help but nice Ferrada wheels...
      11-23-2018, 02:44 PM   #8
monkeyf13
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post

Good luck.

2 Active Steering (AL)
Thanks again for your help in guiding me the right direction. I was able to remove the EDC module and get it coded afterwards. It rides great and there are no issues. Thank you!
Appreciate 1
JakeBMW11.50
      11-26-2018, 10:11 AM   #9
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Great news! Thanks for following up and letting us know you got a satisfied conclusion.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2018, 11:50 AM   #10
mastatikle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. M6 View Post
cant help but nice Ferrada wheels...
It's not an M6, take it easy on the guy lol
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2018, 12:36 AM   #11