BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

07-10-2018, 01:41 PM   #1
aberman423
Rep
Drives: Future M5/M6

Looking at a 2014 M6 in Houston on eBay

Hi all. I've been looking to buy a 2014-2015 M6 for quite some time and I just came across an interesting car on eBay (https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F163139295894).

I'd prefer a Competition Package car, but this one seems to have every other option possible...plus it looks amazing in my opinion. It also seems to be a fairly decent deal as far as I can tell.

The dealer is in Houston, and I am located in Kansas City, so it would be a long distance purchase. If everything went well, I would buy the car, fly there and drive it back. Since I am doing all of this sight unseen, and I am a worrier by nature, I want to be sure I cover all the bases before pulling the trigger.

That being said, I have a few questions for those knowledgeable about these cars, and I was hoping to get some help/opinions on here.

- It seems a little odd to me that someone ordered the car with carbon ceramic brakes, but didn't opt for the Competition Package....is that somewhat out of the ordinary?

- Is there anything specific I should ask the dealer about the car? (Other than the typical questions normally asked when purchasing any car)

- Is anyone familiar with this dealership (Ultimate Motorsports)? They have many good reviews from multiple sources, BUT...there are more than a few bad reviews that really concern me. The fact that the car is in Houston, and has been for a couple years also worries me about any potential flood damage. It has a clean Autocheck report, but I haven't seen a CARFAX on it yet...and I know those also don't show the whole story.

- After a little research, I found a for sale ad for the same car from a couple years ago, and the car had black wheels (http://carclassifiedscheapads.com/20...lver-for-sale/) is there a way to tell which wheels the car came with from the factory?

- I don't think the car is still under the factory warranty, any suggestions on good aftermarket warranties?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 02:18 PM   #2
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aberman423 View Post
Hi all. I've been looking to buy a 2014-2015 M6 for quite some time and I just came across an interesting car on eBay (https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F163139295894).

I'd prefer a Competition Package car, but this one seems to have every other option possible...plus it looks amazing in my opinion. It also seems to be a fairly decent deal as far as I can tell.

The dealer is in Houston, and I am located in Kansas City, so it would be a long distance purchase. If everything went well, I would buy the car, fly there and drive it back. Since I am doing all of this sight unseen, and I am a worrier by nature, I want to be sure I cover all the bases before pulling the trigger.

That being said, I have a few questions for those knowledgeable about these cars, and I was hoping to get some help/opinions on here.

- It seems a little odd to me that someone ordered the car with carbon ceramic brakes, but didn't opt for the Competition Package....is that somewhat out of the ordinary?

- Is there anything specific I should ask the dealer about the car? (Other than the typical questions normally asked when purchasing any car)

- Is anyone familiar with this dealership (Ultimate Motorsports)? They have many good reviews from multiple sources, BUT...there are more than a few bad reviews that really concern me. The fact that the car is in Houston, and has been for a couple years also worries me about any potential flood damage. It has a clean Autocheck report, but I haven't seen a CARFAX on it yet...and I know those also don't show the whole story.

- After a little research, I found a for sale ad for the same car from a couple years ago, and the car had black wheels (http://carclassifiedscheapads.com/20...lver-for-sale/) is there a way to tell which wheels the car came with from the factory?

- I don't think the car is still under the factory warranty, any suggestions on good aftermarket warranties?

Follow this thread: https://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1445451

I would hold out for a CP version. Most will tell you that there's a difference, plus it helps with re-sale.
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 04:26 PM   #3
ind_can
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC ILE

That's a beautiful M6! Nice find and it's loaded with a ton of options too!

If you have the VIN, you could use this site to check what wheels the car shipped with from the factory: www.bmwvin.com
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 05:38 PM   #4
mberbic
IG: @M6erbic
United_States
Rep
Drives: F12 M6

That dealership is about 10 minutes away from my job... Very close to Texas Auto Direct (biggest ebay seller). I find it odd that they have certain cars' listed on their site with carfax and others without. Apart from that, this car is a beautiful spec.

At first i thought it was the one at 360exotics
http://www.360exotics.com/vehicle-de...tx-id-20301021
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 05:40 PM   #5
aberman423
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Quote:

Follow this thread: https://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1445451

I would hold out for a CP version. Most will tell you that there's a difference, plus it helps with re-sale.
Thanks for the link, I'll definitely check it out.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 05:41 PM   #6
aberman423
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ind_can View Post
That's a beautiful M6! Nice find and it's loaded with a ton of options too!

If you have the VIN, you could use this site to check what wheels the car shipped with from the factory: www.bmwvin.com
Thanks for the link, looks like it didn't come with the black wheels from the factory.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 05:45 PM   #7
aberman423
Rep

Blank

I noticed the exact same thing and found it odd as well! That was one of the things that made me a little nervous about the car. I've also been eyeing the 360exotic car.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 05:46 PM   #8
aberman423
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mberbic View Post
That dealership is about 10 minutes away from my job... Very close to Texas Auto Direct (biggest ebay seller). I find it odd that they have certain cars' listed on their site with carfax and others without. Apart from that, this car is a beautiful spec.

At first i thought it was the one at 360exotics
http://www.360exotics.com/vehicle-de...tx-id-20301021
My last post was in response to this.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 08:36 PM   #9
mgmarsh39
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

If you're serious, put a deposit on it and setup a PPI with one of the 3-4 Houston bmw dealers. I bought mine from BMW Houston North and asked to pay for a cpo inspection, even though it was not.

I'm sure they'd be happy to drop it off for you. If they push back or seem hesitant, then I'd be weary.

There are too many good cars at bmw dealers to settle.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 08:53 PM   #10
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Looks like a very nice car worthy of your consideration; but please take the advice of others and inspect.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 09:57 PM   #11
aberman423
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmarsh39 View Post
If you're serious, put a deposit on it and setup a PPI with one of the 3-4 Houston bmw dealers. I bought mine from BMW Houston North and asked to pay for a cpo inspection, even though it was not.

I'm sure they'd be happy to drop it off for you. If they push back or seem hesitant, then I'd be weary.

There are too many good cars at bmw dealers to settle.
Thanks for the tip, it looks like Momentum BMW is only a couple miles away from this dealer. Would you mind sharing how much you paid for the inspection?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 10:49 PM   #12
mgmarsh39
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Thanks for the tip, it looks like Momentum BMW is only a couple miles away from this dealer. Would you mind sharing how much you paid for the inspection?
We negotiated it in the price since there were a few items found, but I believe it was around $200.
Appreciate 0