BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > Member's Classifieds [6 Series and M6]

07-22-2019, 04:01 PM   #1
cobbs
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Competition E90

2007 M6 Convertible 6MT 30K Miles LOADED CA Car

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Helping a neighbor/friend sell his M6. It's a VERY rare E64 6MT (convertible). Just hit 30K miles. Always garaged, excellent condition. Clean carfax, title in hand. BSM on Black Merino.

Located in La Jolla, CA 92037. M6 is extremely loaded. Highlights are:

- Individual Audio
- Head Up Display
- Soft Close Auto Doors
- Comfort Access
- Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
- Heated Seats
- Park Distance Control
- Adaptive Headlights
- Light Package
- Headlight Cleaning System
- Nav Professional

Asking a very reasonable $33K. 1 of 378 E64 6MT!

Serious buyers only please, call: 619-577-3006

Attached Images

Last edited by cobbs; 08-15-2019 at 03:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 06:17 PM   #2
city1991
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i x drive F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbs View Post
Helping a neighbor/friend sell his M6. It's a VERY rare E64 6MT (convertible). Just hit 30K miles. Always garaged, excellent condition. Clean carfax, title in hand. BSM on Black Merino.

Located in La Jolla, CA 92037. M6 is extremely loaded. Highlights are:

- Individual Audio
- Head Up Display
- Soft Close Auto Doors
- Comfort Access
- Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
- Heated Seats
- Park Distance Control
- Adaptive Headlights
- Light Package
- Headlight Cleaning System
- Nav Professional

Asking a very reasonable $36K. 1 of 378 E64 6MT!

Serious buyers only please, call: 619-577-3006
What makes it rare? Plenty of M6 convertible with manual. Is there something else that makes it rare?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 06:58 PM   #3
cobbs
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by city1991 View Post
What makes it rare? Plenty of M6 convertible with manual. Is there something else that makes it rare?
BMW produced 378 E64 M6 manuals. To me that’s sort of rare! That’s about 1/4 of the E60 M5 6MT production which is always considered rare
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 01:47 PM   #4
cobbs
Private
United_States
Rep

Bump for price drop. $35K
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 03:03 PM   #5
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Thumbs up for a true 6spd! However, market value has not been higher for them, unfortunately. In fact, due to a market that is shifting away (no pun intended, but quite ironic) from 6spd and even ICE engines altogether, dealers will actually offer less for a 6spd as they can't find buyers easily.

Just a heads up from a true enthusiasts with many 6spds in the stable.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 03:05 PM   #6
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep

Let me know if you want true wholesale pricing.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2019, 03:17 PM   #7
cobbs
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
Thumbs up for a true 6spd! However, market value has not been higher for them, unfortunately. In fact, due to a market that is shifting away (no pun intended, but quite ironic) from 6spd and even ICE engines altogether, dealers will actually offer less for a 6spd as they can't find buyers easily.

Sorry but I disagree fully. Six speed manuals will always be what a purist sports car driver wants. The S85 is the last V10 with 500hp BMW made and will likely ever make. There is absolutely no comparison between the SMG and Manual. The SMG is a clunky, harsh, abrupt disaster of a transmission.

And the fact that companies are making fewer and fewer manuals only makes them worth more. Anyone looking for an S85 is going to be looking for a manual. They want an M6 convertible there is only 377 other choices ever made. This is probably one of the lowest mileages in the country. I sold my E60 M5 6 speed last year with a 42,000 miles and I got $38,000 for it.

This is my neighbor/clients car. He is very well off and has several other cars. We are not concerned in the least with getting a strong offer for this vehicle and we are in no rush.
Appreciate 1
city1991230.00
      07-27-2019, 05:35 PM   #8
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep

Quote:
Sorry but I disagree fully. Six speed manuals will always be what a purist sports car driver wants. The S85 is the last V10 with 500hp BMW made and will likely ever make. There is absolutely no comparison between the SMG and Manual. The SMG is a clunky, harsh, abrupt disaster of a transmission.

And the fact that companies are making fewer and fewer manuals only makes them worth more. Anyone looking for an S85 is going to be looking for a manual. They want an M6 convertible there is only 377 other choices ever made. This is probably one of the lowest mileages in the country. I sold my E60 M5 6 speed last year with a 42,000 miles and I got $38,000 for it.

This is my neighbor/clients car. He is very well off and has several other cars. We are not concerned in the least with getting a strong offer for this vehicle and we are in no rush.
I hope you do get your asking price. I'm a 6spd enthusiast to the core and hate the SMG. But that is emotion. The real facts based on sales, not emotion, suck for enthusiasts.

F12 M6s have sold in the 30s-40s already. BTW, sales for any other car (M5 or anything else) are unfortunately irrelevant to the sale of the M6. Again, I'm happy to share some wholesale sales figures with you, if you wish. Just trying to help.

Last edited by thebmw; 07-27-2019 at 06:01 PM..
Appreciate 1
city1991230.00
      07-27-2019, 06:40 PM   #9
Jeffxxx
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw m6 GC competition

If you are looking for those numbers and if it's as desirable as you think, I would suggest selling on the bring a trailer auction website with a 30k reserve.
      07-28-2019, 10:04 AM   #10
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffxxx View Post
If you are looking for those numbers and if it's as desirable as you think, I would suggest selling on the bring a trailer auction website with a 30k reserve.
Not a bad idea for OP, but OP, just remember the fees that BaT charges.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 04:46 PM   #11
cobbs
Private
United_States
Rep

Bump for price drop to $33K. Owner wants it sold!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 05:11 PM   #12
city1991
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by city1991 View Post
BMW produced 378 E64 M6 manuals. To me that’s sort of rare! That’s about 1/4 of the E60 M5 6MT production which is always considered rare
Thanks for clearing that up. Wasn't trying to be a dick, was seriously asking. Based on what you said, definitely rare. Good luck with the sale!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 05:12 PM   #13
city1991
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post

Agreed about SMG. They are junk.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 03:37 PM   #14
cobbs
Private
United_States
Rep

SOLD as of 8/1/19. Full price. Staying here in San Diego.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 07:34 AM   #15
Jeffxxx
Private
Rep

Quote:

Full price after the price drop? 😂. We get it, you think it’s a desirable car. Glad you got it sold.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 07:48 AM   #16
cobbs
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Full price after the price drop? 😂. We get it, you think it’s a desirable car. Glad you got it sold.
Yes it sold for $33,000 in less than one week. Firstly, it's not my car it's a client of mine's and secondly, obviously someone thinks it's desirable being for how quick it sold and for how much.

You guys who come on here, hi jack other people's ads and talk shit and assert your opinions are the reason why these forums can have a bad reputation. If you are not interested in the car mind your own business.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 04:52 PM   #17
Jeffxxx
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yes it sold for $33,000 in less than one week. Firstly, it's not my car it's a client of mine's and secondly, obviously someone thinks it's desirable being for how quick it sold and for how much.

You guys who come on here, hi jack other people's ads and talk shit and assert your opinions are the reason why these forums can have a bad reputation. If you are not interested in the car mind your own business.

I'm just saying you had to make a post to intentionally state that it sold for "full price" to try and prove the people wrong that were giving you friendly advice on the car's realistic value but really the asking price was lowered and then sold. So you could argue that everything sells for "full price".
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 05:05 PM   #18
cobbs
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I'm just saying you had to make a post to intentionally state that it sold for "full price" to try and prove the people wrong that were giving you friendly advice on the car's realistic value but really the asking price was lowered and then sold. So you could argue that everything sells for "full price".
Giving me friendly advice by telling me that the car wasn't worth 30,000? Telling me that it's not a rare car when there were only 378 of them ever made? People think they are BMW enthusiasts and they know jack shit about BMWs and which ones are rare and therefore valuable. A rule of thumb I live by: don't click on it for sale ad if you aren't interested in the vehicle. Very simple.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 05:31 PM   #19
Jeffxxx
Private
Rep

Quote:
Giving me friendly advice by telling me that the car wasn't worth 30,000? Telling me that it's not a rare car when there were only 378 of them ever made? People think they are BMW enthusiasts and they know jack shit about BMWs and which ones are rare and therefore valuable. A rule of thumb I live by: don't click on it for sale ad if you aren't interested in the vehicle. Very simple.
One person asked the question about it being rare. I would have assumed it's not a rare car either. And I'm thoroughly surprised it sold for over $30k. The E6x M6 did not age well and looks dated. And that's coming from someone who always wanted one.

Rule of thumb: If you're going to post a car for sale on an open forum, you're going to get comments/feedback.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 05:40 PM   #20
cobbs
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
One person asked the question about it being rare. I would have assumed it's not a rare car either. And I'm thoroughly surprised it sold for over $30k. The E6x M6 did not age well and looks dated. And that's coming from someone who always wanted one.

Rule of thumb: If you're going to post a car for sale on an open forum, you're going to get comments/feedback.
I'm not a fan of it either to be honest and I would never buy a convertible but it's not about that it's a simple function of supply and demand. I did a nationwide search and there were 3 E64 six speeds under 50,000 miles and the average price was $38,000. I didn't just throw up an arbitrary number and stand behind it. I priced it very appropriately and it sold very quickly. When you have no knowledge of a vehicle nor the market you make a ass of yourself by chiming in with ridiculous comments. Would I pay $45,000 for an E46 slick top six speed? Absolutely not but that's what they're selling for. By the way the guy who bought it was head over heels about it and had no issues about paying $33,000 he thought he got a wonderful deal and according to the market he did.
Appreciate 0