BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

03-29-2021, 01:26 PM   #23
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
Owning an EQS: Your daily visit to planetarium.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2021, 01:35 PM   #24
akin67
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Operating a cell phone does not require the attention of operating a motor vehicle.
Using your logic they never would have installed a radio, a GPS, or cup holders in any car. Yet we see that they all have it. When you have some of the highest end vehicles like Mercedes, Audi and Tesla incorporating display only dashboards, do you really think concern for safety is going to prevent most manufacturers to migrate to this technology?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2021, 04:21 PM   #25
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by akin67 View Post
Using your logic they never would have installed a radio, a GPS, or cup holders in any car. Yet we see that they all have it. When you have some of the highest end vehicles like Mercedes, Audi and Tesla incorporating display only dashboards, do you really think concern for safety is going to prevent most manufacturers to migrate to this technology?
Are you seriously comparing navigating a phone LCD while driving vs drinking a beverage while driving? Radio's had you know those tactile button that I was lamenting being omitted by touch screen. No I don't think safety is going to prevent manufactures going into this direction as it saves them money.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2021, 06:45 PM   #26
dr_frankfurter
non-essential
Rep
Drives: '21 330i

I'm all for modern, space age design and all, but I can't imagine this would be very practical for simple tasks. Adjusting the radio and climate control or even going through your settings is where a scroll wheel becomes ideal. I guess its a sign of fully autonomous cars getting closer to reality.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 03:53 AM   #27
JohnBucurE92
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBucurE92 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW4LYF View Post
What's not to like on the MB interior?
Just very uninspiring. The idea is great, but the dash execution feels very quick and not there. I guess I might just be an old head. I feel like there is no point for the driver or passenger to need so much information at all times.

The screen is my only problem, as usual Mercedes will have great seats/ space/ door card designs/ etc.
The Hyperscreen is optional. The non-Hyperscreen setup mimics that of the W223 S-Class.
Just saw this!! Much better honestly. Personal opinion.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 07:39 AM   #28
Mach550
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Garage List
2019 BMW M550i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_frankfurter View Post
I'm all for modern, space age design and all, but I can't imagine this would be very practical for simple tasks. Adjusting the radio and climate control or even going through your settings is where a scroll wheel becomes ideal. I guess its a sign of fully autonomous cars getting closer to reality.
I miss buttons honestly. The touchscreen craze should highlight that operating a phone while driving isn't as dangerous as they make it. I can be ticketed for adjusting gps on my phone but I can go through the menus, etc. legally to do this with the built in bmw gps.