BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      02-03-2021, 06:30 PM   #45
WildWilly1100
Private
Canada
12
Rep
81
Posts

Drives: 2014 F10 535i
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: London, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Bought the car today, now to drive it home. However, we have an error on the display, Emergency Call Malfunction, so back to the dealer in the morning to get that resolved, they say its a software update that they can do. Then back on the road to London.
__________________
2015 650i F12
2014 535 F10
2011 335i E93 Sport (Blown Engine - Sold)
Appreciate 1
JBF65073.50

      02-03-2021, 11:30 PM   #46
JBF650
Private First Class
Australia
74
Rep
165
Posts

Drives: 2015 F13 LCI 650i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Sydney Australia

iTrader: (0)

well done! I wish you all the best with your 650!

co-incidentally I've been taking my 650 to work for the last 3 days instead of leaving her tucked up in the garage. I'm loving it all over again!! god its a great car.

make sure you post some pics when you can

Cheers and happy safe exciting motoring in your 6series
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 11:04 AM   #47
WildWilly1100
Private
Canada
12
Rep
81
Posts

Drives: 2014 F10 535i
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: London, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Here at BMW Laval to get the problem sorted out. Fingers crossed is a quick and easy fix.
__________________
2015 650i F12
2014 535 F10
2011 335i E93 Sport (Blown Engine - Sold)
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 11:08 AM   #48
WildWilly1100
Private
Canada
12
Rep
81
Posts

Drives: 2014 F10 535i
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: London, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

a few pics

Name:  8eda0498-3c6c-4d05-aae9-7d5fd0b3b7fb.jpg-1024x786.jpeg
Views: 280
Size:  283.1 KB

Name:  47bade5c-a734-47ee-a722-58f27bedc0ce.jpg-1024x786.jpeg
Views: 251
Size:  274.9 KB

Name:  a35a611b-8f20-4168-9110-f0a60cbda931.jpg-1024x786.jpeg
Views: 257
Size:  284.0 KB

Name:  ca1d81f6-aabc-4a3e-add9-528a75159c33.jpg-1024x786.jpeg
Views: 258
Size:  403.9 KB

Name:  6d73ecc2-eb7f-4a00-ab58-38dd3811bdf9.jpg-1024x786.jpeg
Views: 260
Size:  492.1 KB

here ya go, from what I can gather, every possible option, including BMW Individual paint, leather and the top.
__________________
2015 650i F12
2014 535 F10
2011 335i E93 Sport (Blown Engine - Sold)
Appreciate 1
JBF65073.50

      02-04-2021, 12:13 PM   #49
evil-G-nius
Broke A$$ Super Hero
evil-G-nius's Avatar
United_States
553
Rep
139
Posts

Drives: Infiniti G37 S Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Bay Area California

iTrader: (0)

Clean! I still don't know why they never managed to create a light weight retractable hard top for that car! Just makes no damn sense to me.

Nice pick upi though...congrats
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 08:54 PM   #50
hugo_nz
First Lieutenant
New Zealand
150
Rep
385
Posts

Drives: F12 650i
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
Clean! I still don't know why they never managed to create a light weight retractable hard top for that car! Just makes no damn sense to me.

Nice pick upi though...congrats
Same problem they had with the E6x generation 6er. The hardtop would take up too much space in the trunk, taking away from the 6er's aim of having the best in class trunk capacity. Another reason is the silhouette of the car. The fins on the soft top allowed the side profile to look identical to the hard top.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 11:59 AM   #51
WildWilly1100
Private
Canada
12
Rep
81
Posts

Drives: 2014 F10 535i
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: London, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Good news on the SOS error. It turns out a piece of trim was removed to clean something, the trim was not reinstalled properly, they found a wiring connector disconnected behind the trim piece, plugged it back in, reinstalled the trim properly, error is gone and the cleared the code from the ECU. All is good. A 750+ km drive back to London from Montréal, nice dry roads all the way. Damn it's one sweet car. Now to give it a cleaning to my standards on the interior and will work on the exterior in the spring. Thanks for all the advice, I couldn't be happier. I thing this car is likely a one of one in North America. Come on spring!!! I want to drive
__________________
2015 650i F12
2014 535 F10
2011 335i E93 Sport (Blown Engine - Sold)

Last edited by WildWilly1100; 02-05-2021 at 12:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 09:39 AM   #52
WildWilly1100
Private
Canada
12
Rep
81
Posts

Drives: 2014 F10 535i
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: London, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Things have warmed up in Southern Ontario, took the car for a nice ride yesterday, what a great car. Had to add some oil (1 L), I hope that's not an indicator of things to come.
__________________
2015 650i F12
2014 535 F10
2011 335i E93 Sport (Blown Engine - Sold)
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 09:55 AM   #53
Opie55
Major
356
Rep
1,143
Posts

Drives: '15 650i Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWilly1100 View Post
Things have warmed up in Southern Ontario, took the car for a nice ride yesterday, what a great car. Had to add some oil (1 L), I hope that's not an indicator of things to come.
I've never actually seen that individual interior leather color in person. In photos it looks sorta brownish but not really brown. Almost brown mixed with lavender or something. How would you describe it seeing it in person?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 08:25 AM   #54
WildWilly1100
Private
Canada
12
Rep
81
Posts

Drives: 2014 F10 535i
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: London, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
I've never actually seen that individual interior leather color in person. In photos it looks sorta brownish but not really brown. Almost brown mixed with lavender or something. How would you describe it seeing it in person?
I would describe it as a combo of dark brown and oxblood, but certainly more brown. Our 535 has the Mocha Nappa leather and it's very close to that as well.
__________________
2015 650i F12
2014 535 F10
2011 335i E93 Sport (Blown Engine - Sold)
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 05:40 PM   #55
Alpine650
Private
14
Rep
88
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW 650i xDrive Vert
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWilly1100 View Post
Things have warmed up in Southern Ontario, took the car for a nice ride yesterday, what a great car. Had to add some oil (1 L), I hope that's not an indicator of things to come.
I purchased a 2017 650i xDrive convertible with 18K miles in November 2019. About 6 weeks later I got low oil message - add 2 quarts. I thought that would continue. Fortunately, a year later and I haven't added any. Of course I did have an oil change in that period.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 11:27 AM   #56
WildWilly1100
Private
Canada
12
Rep
81
Posts

Drives: 2014 F10 535i
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: London, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine650 View Post
I purchased a 2017 650i xDrive convertible with 18K miles in November 2019. About 6 weeks later I got low oil message - add 2 quarts. I thought that would continue. Fortunately, a year later and I haven't added any. Of course I did have an oil change in that period.
Having 3 BMWs, I'm learning that after an oil change, it seems that the level goes down in the first few K, perhaps it's not registering correctly after the oil change. We always check and it says it's full, then a few K later, I have to top up and that seems to do it until the next oil change. The oil was changed in the 650 just before I picked it up. Will keep watching it.
__________________
2015 650i F12
2014 535 F10
2011 335i E93 Sport (Blown Engine - Sold)
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 02:31 PM   #57
Opie55
Major
356
Rep
1,143
Posts

Drives: '15 650i Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

You should take some pics in the sun that show the color. The dealer pics make it look black. Even as Individual colors go, citrin black is pretty rare.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 01:06 PM   #58
WildWilly1100
Private
Canada
12
Rep
81
Posts

Drives: 2014 F10 535i
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: London, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
You should take some pics in the sun that show the color. The dealer pics make it look black. Even as Individual colors go, citrin black is pretty rare.
Hoping for warmer weather soon, so I can wash and wax, will get some pics then.
__________________
2015 650i F12
2014 535 F10
2011 335i E93 Sport (Blown Engine - Sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 11:30 AM   #59
WildWilly1100
Private
Canada
12
Rep
81
Posts

Drives: 2014 F10 535i
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: London, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Here are a few pics I took in the sun yesterday to see if we can capture the color, I would describe it as a very dark root beer color. From a distance the car looks black, but up close in the sun you can tell that it isn't. These shots show the color next to the black trim.
Attached Images
   
__________________
2015 650i F12
2014 535 F10
2011 335i E93 Sport (Blown Engine - Sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 07:46 AM   #60
FinalRenegade
Private First Class
FinalRenegade's Avatar
Canada
171
Rep
155
Posts

Drives: M6 GranCoupe | Last Model Year
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Amazing color!

I love the contrast against the black trim, and that interior is out of this world, love that color! Keep some engine oil in the back of your trunk and you'll be fine
It seemed to me that my particular car drink a bottle every 4K KM or so, I'd also do intermittent oil service at around 8K KM

I've got 10~ bottles of 650 engine oil leftover from my 2018 650 (miss her every day), let me know if you're interested! I will offer em up for a very good discount- say 5 CAD a bottle , half of them also come in a little BMW branded canvas pouch (gloves, funnel, wet wipes and fits a bottle with velcro to stick to the fabric in the trunk)

On a side note : Those swirl marks though, I see it on my car and I absolutely get my non-existent OCD triggered. I've bought some supplies to do a serious summer car do-over which includes nice thorough hand wash, paint correction etc.
__________________
Current : 2018/2019 M6 Gran Coupe (Last model year)
Current : 2020 E63s AMG (hers)
Past : 2018 650i Gran Coupe (Sold)
Past : 2016 428i Gran Coupe (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 04:03 PM   #61
WildWilly1100
Private
Canada
12
Rep
81
Posts

Drives: 2014 F10 535i
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: London, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalRenegade View Post
Amazing color!

I love the contrast against the black trim, and that interior is out of this world, love that color! Keep some engine oil in the back of your trunk and you'll be fine
It seemed to me that my particular car drink a bottle every 4K KM or so, I'd also do intermittent oil service at around 8K KM

I've got 10~ bottles of 650 engine oil leftover from my 2018 650 (miss her every day), let me know if you're interested! I will offer em up for a very good discount- say 5 CAD a bottle , half of them also come in a little BMW branded canvas pouch (gloves, funnel, wet wipes and fits a bottle with velcro to stick to the fabric in the trunk)

On a side note : Those swirl marks though, I see it on my car and I absolutely get my non-existent OCD triggered. I've bought some supplies to do a serious summer car do-over which includes nice thorough hand wash, paint correction etc.
Thanks, I really like the colours as well. That V8 is becoming very addictive We have oil in the car and the plan is to change every 8K, I don't care what the computer says, moving to 8K on my 535i as well, not worth the gamble, as I lost the engine in my 335i and I think the long oil change intervals contributed to it.

She does need a good wash and wax, the swirl marks drive me nuts too. Will try it myself first. Last year I tried ShineArmor on our Cayenne and 535 and was impressed, the paint is so smooth after. Need to order some more for this year.

I'll take you up left over oil. Shoot me a message and we can figure out the details. Maybe a trip to TO to pick it up
__________________
2015 650i F12
2014 535 F10
2011 335i E93 Sport (Blown Engine - Sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 01:03 PM   #62
Kolianovskyi
Private First Class
33
Rep
140
Posts

Drives: BMW 435xi
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWilly1100 View Post
Thanks, I really like the colours as well. That V8 is becoming very addictive We have oil in the car and the plan is to change every 8K, I don't care what the computer says, moving to 8K on my 535i as well, not worth the gamble, as I lost the engine in my 335i and I think the long oil change intervals contributed to it.)
How much km does it have?

I was looking after 650/640 but learnt it is smaller inside than 435). And that is critical for me, 195 cm)))))
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2021, 08:59 AM   #63
WildWilly1100
Private
Canada
12
Rep
81
Posts

Drives: 2014 F10 535i
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: London, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolianovskyi View Post
How much km does it have?

I was looking after 650/640 but learnt it is smaller inside than 435). And that is critical for me, 195 cm)))))
81,000 kms when we bought it. We had a 335i convertible before, this car is definitely bigger outside and inside, I'm 6' and have lots of room, we did drive a 435i a few years ago and it was cramped for sure.
__________________
2015 650i F12
2014 535 F10
2011 335i E93 Sport (Blown Engine - Sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2021, 11:43 AM   #64
Kolianovskyi
Private First Class
33
Rep
140
Posts

Drives: BMW 435xi
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWilly1100 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolianovskyi View Post
How much km does it have?

I was looking after 650/640 but learnt it is smaller inside than 435). And that is critical for me, 195 cm)))))
81,000 kms when we bought it. We had a 335i convertible before, this car is definitely bigger outside and inside, I'm 6' and have lots of room, we did drive a 435i a few years ago and it was cramped for sure.
Trust me. I measured both cars inside with ruler))). I am 6'5". So spent 30 min trying to understand which one is bigger. Only inside. 6er has bigger body for sure. But it went to trunk and engine bay(((.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST