BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      10-29-2020, 12:14 PM   #177
JP10
Captain
JP10's Avatar
1235
Rep
973
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em2 View Post
Whaaaat?

Since about 2016/7 Nike has been at the pinnacle of running shoes. Other brands have started to catch up again but this comment doesn't make much sense.

Check out the next%... instant prs.
Yeah my info was crazy old, I'd edit the comment, but is what it is lol. I'm a casual runner, not my main concern for fitness. Usually just do it to end my workouts. Avg like a 7min pace anywhere between 2-5miles, so I've never been overly concerned with what is on my feet. Would like a pair more dedicated to running though!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 01:43 PM   #178
Dlpfcb
Lieutenant
398
Rep
589
Posts

Drives: AW E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Idaho

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Yeah my info was crazy old, I'd edit the comment, but is what it is lol. I'm a casual runner, not my main concern for fitness. Usually just do it to end my workouts. Avg like a 7min pace anywhere between 2-5miles, so I've never been overly concerned with what is on my feet. Would like a pair more dedicated to running though!
I'm more of the crazy runner doing about 70 miles a week at peak training weeks. I would recommend Saucony over any other running shoes.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2020, 06:59 AM   #179
TurboSid
Brigadier General
TurboSid's Avatar
524
Rep
3,062
Posts

Drives: 2017 M4 MW/SO ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Florida

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
anyone have a suggestion on good running pants with a pocket for phone which won't bounce that are within the $40-50 range? Price range is not as important if there is a good brand that has them for a little more

Might be asking a lot but figure i give it a try. I searched online for some and now i see 30 brands all over the internet advertising
__________________


2017 MW/SO M4 ZCP [SOLD]
2015 MW/SO M4 M-DCT FBO [SOLD] 2011 AW/CR 335is DCT FBO [SOLD] 2008 AW/CR 335i 6MT FBO [SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 10:40 AM   #180
dc503
First Lieutenant
105
Rep
328
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ashburn, VA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSid View Post
anyone have a suggestion on good running pants with a pocket for phone which won't bounce that are within the $40-50 range? Price range is not as important if there is a good brand that has them for a little more

Might be asking a lot but figure i give it a try. I searched online for some and now i see 30 brands all over the internet advertising
The only running pants I have that have a phone holder that work well are Nike winter long pants. It works well, but I don't think that's going to help much with your location
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 02:03 PM   #181
tcphoto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
1596
Rep
1,990
Posts

Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

iTrader: (0)

I never cared for carrying my phone in a pocket but liked the Nike armband. Since then, I've gone with an Apple Watch which does everything I need.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 02:51 PM   #182
cotmfk
Major General
cotmfk's Avatar
868
Rep
5,259
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DC, MD, VA

iTrader: (11)

I use an armband for the phone. Debating a running watch, but I never really wear watches.
__________________
Perma-banned on G80post for making a single joke about the buck teeth. After 12+ years on the site...
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 03:58 PM   #183
tcphoto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
1596
Rep
1,990
Posts

Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

iTrader: (0)

I don't either but it's much lighter than an iPhone and there are other features like email, message notifications plus heart rate, ECG and VO2 information.
__________________
Appreciate 1
cotmfk868.00

      11-19-2020, 08:00 AM   #184
cotmfk
Major General
cotmfk's Avatar
868
Rep
5,259
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DC, MD, VA

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
I don't either but it's much lighter than an iPhone and there are other features like email, message notifications plus heart rate, ECG and VO2 information.
Don't make me waste my money!!!
__________________
Perma-banned on G80post for making a single joke about the buck teeth. After 12+ years on the site...
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2020, 06:40 PM   #185
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
11415
Rep
8,826
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Spyder pack. Just big enough to hold my phone and glucose tablets. Fits right between shoulder blades so it doesn't bounce or get in the way of swinging arms
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2020, 08:12 PM   #186
Dlpfcb
Lieutenant
398
Rep
589
Posts

Drives: AW E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Idaho

iTrader: (1)

Garmin 945 is where its at! Every possible feature you can think of including in watch music so no phone to take. Super pumped on track to have a 250 mile month. Spring can't come fast enough! Hope everyone's training is still going well even with this cold weather.
Appreciate 1
cotmfk868.00

      02-28-2021, 12:55 PM   #187
Lady Jane
Squidgirl in remission.
Lady Jane's Avatar
Canada
4722
Rep
345
Posts

Drives: 2020 X3 40i and R1200RT
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Atlantic Canada.

iTrader: (0)

I use the Garmin 201 on my MTB and for running. I've had it for about ten years. And like any Garmin products, you can download your progress.



Name:  Garmin.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  295.6 KB
__________________
Appreciate 1
cotmfk868.00

      03-30-2021, 07:23 PM   #188
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
11415
Rep
8,826
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

New 880 picked up last night. Last pair reached 400km
Appreciate 1
cotmfk868.00

      03-31-2021, 07:47 AM   #189
cotmfk
Major General
cotmfk's Avatar
868
Rep
5,259
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DC, MD, VA

iTrader: (11)

Nice. I am on the look out for some new Gel Kayanos. Those are my long run/slow run shoes. No sales right now, but one of my pairs is getting old. Hopefully close to June/July!
__________________
Perma-banned on G80post for making a single joke about the buck teeth. After 12+ years on the site...
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 08:57 AM   #190
dc503
First Lieutenant
105
Rep
328
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ashburn, VA

iTrader: (3)

Been using the new NB 1080 v11 for a daily trainer, long/slow day shoe recently, pleasantly surprise. Haven't ever worn New Balance that I could remember.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 09:59 PM   #191
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
11415
Rep
8,826
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc503 View Post
Been using the new NB 1080 v11 for a daily trainer, long/slow day shoe recently, pleasantly surprise. Haven't ever worn New Balance that I could remember.
D or 2E width? This time I went 2E, to see if any different. I simply can't wear Nike because they are so narrow
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 07:59 AM   #192
dc503
First Lieutenant
105
Rep
328
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ashburn, VA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
D or 2E width? This time I went 2E, to see if any different. I simply can't wear Nike because they are so narrow
I have them in D, I do have normal volume feet luckily. They really are incredibly comfortable. A little softer than I prefer, but they still feel pretty decent for ground feel and stack for me, pretty impressed. Good every day shoe that feels nice when fast or slow.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 08:29 AM   #193
SpartanGA
Lieutenant
SpartanGA's Avatar
United_States
73
Rep
591
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M2
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (0)

I've always wondered if a thread like this needs a sister thread called my joint issues 😅😂

How does everyone protect their body ?
Appreciate 1
cotmfk868.00

      04-05-2021, 10:32 AM   #194
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
11415
Rep
8,826
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanGA View Post
I've always wondered if a thread like this needs a sister thread called my joint issues 😅😂

How does everyone protect their body ?
Run only once or twice a week

The first run I always feel in my ankles. The second it's higher up in the calf/shin area. Any more I don't feel thigh or lung issues, it's mental breakdown or the lower joints.

Lots of MSM, and collagen.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 10:50 AM   #195
dc503
First Lieutenant
105
Rep
328
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ashburn, VA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanGA View Post
I've always wondered if a thread like this needs a sister thread called my joint issues 😅😂

How does everyone protect their body ?
Haha..yeaaaah.

At the risk of sounding overly simple, some targeted strengthening has allowed me to be as resilient and pain free as I've been in a decade, while having higher volume than I've ever had. I was lucky enough to have a PT that was able to identify where my underlying weaknesses were and gave me some simple strength workouts. Added to normal prehab/rehab and I've been pretty good :knock on wood:
Appreciate 1
cotmfk868.00

      04-06-2021, 07:37 AM   #196
cotmfk
Major General
cotmfk's Avatar
868
Rep
5,259
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DC, MD, VA

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc503 View Post
Haha..yeaaaah.

At the risk of sounding overly simple, some targeted strengthening has allowed me to be as resilient and pain free as I've been in a decade, while having higher volume than I've ever had. I was lucky enough to have a PT that was able to identify where my underlying weaknesses were and gave me some simple strength workouts. Added to normal prehab/rehab and I've been pretty good :knock on wood:
Totally agree.

For me, I find that if I have a minimum volume of running, most of the aches are gone. My knees actually hurt more if I don't run for a week or two.

The only thing that really enabled me to build significant volume was going to a PT and finding out where the underlying weaknesses were. I incorporated those strengthening exercises into my gym routine and am good to go!
__________________
Perma-banned on G80post for making a single joke about the buck teeth. After 12+ years on the site...
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST