BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

02-24-2020, 04:25 PM   #1
VWAudi2BMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: drei BMWs

Custom BMW blind spot mirrors

Hi all,

I posted this in several forums including the 5 series much earlier in the month, but the 6 series totally escaped my mind until now. Sorry! If anyone is interested in these, the discount code shared below is good through the end of February.

I originally posted this over in the F30 forums as a 3 series owner. It has gotten a lot of interest and I figured I would post here, as it might be interesting to 6 series owners, too.

This all started earlier in the month when I bumped into a guy at Costco and noticed the unique mirrors on his 3 series. Turns out he is the designer of this brand new product.

Here is the link to my original post: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1690558

Here is my original post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAudi2BMW View Post
I have a crazy story for my fellow BMW enthusiasts. How do you know you are getting old? Many of your stories start with the other day I was going to Costco...

I live in the Encinitas area of North San Diego and as you can tell, I frequent Costco Carlsbad. Anyone who knows Costco Carlsbad knows it is a wasteland of huge SUVs crammed into spots that are small for a Mini Cooper. But I can't get enough, especially the yogurt (please bring back the chocolate and vanilla swirl).

When I was parking I was glad to see a nice and clean BMW parking next to an open spot. I knew I'd be safe as long as they were there, right?. A younger guy was getting out and I said to him nice car (we both were mineral gray). He laughed and said thanks, and that was when I noticed his mirrors.

He had these blind spot mirrors that fit like a glove and looked factory-like. I have blind spot mirrors on my RAM and I love them. I've rented Ford cars with the built-in ones and loved having those too. I've looked for something that did not look terrible but have never found anything stick on.

I asked this guy about them (Andy) and he said he owns a few businesses. He just started a new one and he actually makes them for that exact reason. He said he started messing with them this past summer and eventually went all-in with a full on company to do it. We were talking for a bit and he was telling me he has had a set on his car for a few months testing and tweaking. He sent a few to friends and family in other states too. I was the first person to ever ask though.

He gave me a set and said give them a try and if you like them, please send me some feedback. I have had them for a few weeks and I love them. I am the first testimonial on his site. He was a nice kid!

I had an X2 loaner about a month ago that these would have been awesome on. Boy was that thing hard to see out of.

Here is the website for anyone interested: https://*********************

Now for the chocolate and vanilla swirl yogurt?

Edit / update: I received a promotional email from this company with a coupon code valid for the month of February. 15% off for anyone interested. NewUser15

Edit again, finally got some pics!!

Sedan
Lots of burbles and POPS

Last edited by VWAudi2BMW; 03-12-2020 at 06:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 04:27 PM   #2
VWAudi2BMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

As an aside, several people have posted about if you position your mirrors correctly, you don't need wider view mirrors in other posts. That is not the point of my sharing. I generally do that already, but still find these useful.

My intent is to share with fellow BMW owners who may also enjoy. Not to debate the merits of wider view mirrors.
Sedan
Lots of burbles and POPS
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 08:05 PM   #3
DRock3d
Kraut Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650i GC/2011 335is DCT

Garage List
2014 650i Gran Coupe  [0.00]
2011 335is  [1.00]
2007 328i  [2.00]
Do these come free with a AARP membership?
Appreciate 2
      02-24-2020, 09:04 PM   #4
VWAudi2BMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRock3d View Post
Do these come free with a AARP membership?
pshhhh

Honestly, I have no experience with the 6 series. I had an X2 loaner and it was not great to see out of and it seems people over there of all ages are pretty happy with these.

I did have a C5 corvette convertible for a while and that thing was pretty hard to see out of. If the 6 coupes and convertibles are anything like that, these would actually be pretty useful in all seriousness.
Sedan
Lots of burbles and POPS
Appreciate 0