BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-23-2020, 12:25 AM   #67
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt1998gt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by svt1998gt View Post
i just moved back to the Dallas area from Orange county, CA but my situation is much different than yours. I have kids starting their school years and a 17 month old, so we looked for a good school district, quiet area to raise a family. plus all of our family lives in the area so free babysitting is a blessing.

I am in a better home at a 1/3 of the mortgage, but my property taxes are the same as property tax rate here are double what i paid in OC and my home is 500k cheaper. Timing was great as i got 2.5 fixed for 30 years on the home i am in property insurance is higher but my HOA is much cheaper as well.

Gas is about half the price, tolls are cheap, overall it depends on what your goals are. The prices have gone up alot as inventory has slowed down but the increase of people moving to TX hasnt slowed down.

the job market is strong in the dallas fort worth area, with a variety of industries here as well.
Thanks for sharing. I lived in Dallas (North Dallas / Addison) area and then eventually relocated to Orange County. Dallas suburbs are a great place to live. The weather can be unpredictable. While living in Dallas, I learned how to best avoid hail storms and what micro burst meant.

My neighbor said, "if you don't like weather in Texas, just wait 2 hours".

All earlier comments about the cost of living are graciously acknowledged.

Less expensive than California.
Thanks for the reply, not a knock on OC, its a beautiful place and no place like it on earth. I lived in Aliso Viejo and then Lake Forest. Will always go back and visit, had a ton of great memories and my lil guy was born there.

enjoy the weather, funny story about the weather, my kids were cheering for the calm rain shower we experienced before our move out of California, i told my kids the rain in Texas will find you so be prepared. Our first week in Dallas, we drove into a Tornado Warning, 10 minutes later .... no rain.
So true. During the first week in Dallas area, I was greeted by a hail storm which eventually produced grapefruit size ice spheres. The next day, almost every car dealer advertised hail specials.
Appreciate 2