BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

01-02-2019, 11:41 AM   #23
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havy View Post
Thank you Flo,
Do you have a # of the vents. I can’t find them in the ETK.
51138050520 - I also found a couple sets on eBay so may want to check there. If you can't locate any to ship to your location, you could definitely have a shop near you paint your factory ones. Actually would be cheaper that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSeed View Post
Color is Evo Grey from Prismatic Powders. Their website does not like Internet Explorer.
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/sho...-5969/evo-grey

Their entire Grey lineup: https://www.prismaticpowders.com/sho...olor=pris_grey
Note: anything with Smoke has a slight hint of brown in it.

PP is great since you can order sample swatches (most are free) but they do charge $6.50 for shipping for 10 swatches or so. Helps to see it in person, how it looks in the dark & out in the sun.

Haven't purchased from this seller but the emblems look to be the right size.
http://www.bmwdecals.com/BMW_M_Wheel...ms_Decals.html
Man. I owe you big. Being able to order several swatches is going to do me a lot of good! Once you decided on Evo Grey, how did you go about purchasing the color? Did you simply tell your local shop the color you wanted, or did you actually purchase it from PP then take it your powder coater?

Following this post I'll be deciding on which swatches to order. Now my issue will be "I like both of these colors!?"

Ordered those M decals from the above link. Hopeful that they'll fit.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 12:08 PM   #24
BadSeed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M6 GC

Garage List
2015 BMW M6  [0.00]
2010 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havy View Post
Thank you Flo,
Do you have a # of the vents. I can’t find them in the ETK.
iND is the only (source) vendor I know of that sells painted side markers. All other sellers purchase from iND to sell on their site.
https://ind-distribution.com/product...ies=110&page=2

Appreciate 1
Havy292.00
      01-02-2019, 12:43 PM   #25
BadSeed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M6 GC

Garage List
2015 BMW M6  [0.00]
2010 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo1989 View Post
Man. I owe you big. Being able to order several swatches is going to do me a lot of good! Once you decided on Evo Grey, how did you go about purchasing the color? Did you simply tell your local shop the color you wanted, or did you actually purchase it from PP then take it your powder coater?

Following this post I'll be deciding on which swatches to order. Now my issue will be "I like both of these colors!?"

Ordered those M decals from the above link. Hopeful that they'll fit.
The powder coat shop actually had that color as one of their samples and a color they keep in stock. Most powder coat places have either metal pipes or some type of metal pieces that have been powder coated in different finishes. Its probably better if you have your shop order since they know how much to order.

Its difficult to not order colors that are really close in color tone. It will drive you nuts trying to pick one.....

These are just the transparent powder coat finishes I've collected. I was going to have the OEM brushed then apply Tinted Clear II. I ended up just keeping it simple since it was going to storage anyway.

If the decals you ordered doesn't fit, I have 4 I can part with. I just need to remember where I placed them....
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 07:03 PM   #26
MikeM6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M6GC, X5M, M3, X7, X5

Car looks great. I really like to Evo Grey powder coated 343 wheels. I've been thinking about switching to a different color. Not a huge fan of my current combo - black 343 wheels with Frozen White exterior. Any pics of the car at night?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 07:09 PM   #27
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I was going to have the OEM brushed then apply Tinted Clear II. I ended up just keeping it simple since it was going to storage anyway.

If the decals you ordered doesn't fit, I have 4 I can part with. I just need to remember where I placed them....
Yeah, your 21" forged wheels made for a great swap.

Appreciate it. I did order them + measure the space for the decal on the wheel so I think I'll be good.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 07:14 PM   #28
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM6 View Post
Car looks great. I really like to Evo Grey powder coated 343 wheels. I've been thinking about switching to a different color. Not a huge fan of my current combo - black 343 wheels with Frozen White exterior. Any pics of the car at night?
Thanks. I think you're talking about BadSeed wheels. Although ours are very similar in color, they're slightly different. And I actually do not know the official color of mine as they came on the car when I purchased it about a month ago. The paint quality isn't that great though so I'll be having them redone in a close, but different color. No night time photos for me yet. I'll snap some soon.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 09:50 PM   #29
MikeM6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M6GC, X5M, M3, X7, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo1989 View Post
Thanks. I think you're talking about BadSeed wheels. Although ours are very similar in color, they're slightly different. And I actually do not know the official color of mine as they came on the car when I purchased it about a month ago. The paint quality isn't that great though so I'll be having them redone in a close, but different color. No night time photos for me yet. I'll snap some soon.
Both wheels looked similar, so I assumed they were yours. Either way looks great.
Appreciate 1
Flo1989342.00
      01-03-2019, 01:14 PM   #30
Havy
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
iND is the only (source) vendor I know of that sells painted side markers. All other sellers purchase from iND to sell on their site.

BadSeed
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 08:57 PM   #31
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep

The Megan Racing Supremo exhaust finally came in this week. I'll be honest by saying that I haven't seen many axel backs up close to compare, but I'm very satisfied with the fit and finish of this system. I went with the black chrome + burnt rolled tip finish and it looks stunning. I think it will play really well with the slight blue color the Silverstone metallic gives off.

I applied Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour ceramic coating (2 coats) to both the in and outside of the tips. This will do a great deal of justice when it comes to cleaning them and reducing soot build up. FYI I applied the same coating to my aftermarket Panamera GTS wheels about 9 months ago and it's holding up better than ever.

The plan is to have them installed tomorrow - fingers crossed Ohio weather doesn't shut that down.

(Pics are all pre ceramic coating)

Last edited by Flo1989; 01-10-2019 at 09:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 07:34 PM   #32
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

The exhaust looks nice, that doesn’t look like a rolled tip ? the color is nice, please do a few sound clips , drive byes etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 10:15 PM   #33
powahousealex
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 bmw m3

so this is a weld on product or am i missing something?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 09:26 PM   #34
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by powahousealex View Post
I guess you can weld them, but initially you have to cut your factory exhaust and either weld these in place or you can use a special band clamp designed for the application
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 08:38 AM   #35
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
The exhaust looks nice, that doesn’t look like a rolled tip ? the color is nice, please do a few sound clips , drive byes etc.
I agree - doesn’t look much like a rolled tip, but I was just quoting the manufacturer.

I have some rev videos I’ll post later - it’s 10° mixed with snow here so the drive by’s may take some time.

Quote:
Yes, welding was the route I took. Took the muffler shop about 50 mins to do both.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 02:14 PM   #36
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 02:24 PM   #37
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep

Small update:

Along with the axel back being installed, I also had 15% window tint done on all 5 windows and the chrome strip on the door handles wrapped gloss black. I swapped out the side "vents" for the all gloss black versions as well as removed the charcoal filter from the intake.

This weekend I'll be installing the RPI ram air scoops, the black kidney grille and black M6 trunk badge.

Here's a sound clip of the exhaust. It's really, really hard to get it to transfer over via a recording, but listening with headphones is your best bet. I tried filming a cold start but the iPhone speakers kept skipping. As promised, when I get some clear weather I'll get some proper driving clips.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4dzskx30u7...%20PM.mp4?dl=0

The sound is an improvement over the stock competition exhaust, but not nearly enough, for me at least. I think once I get the catless DP's installed it'll have that grunt that I'm looking for.

--Just a decent pic I took of the car over the weekend..

Appreciate 1
NDAzone13.50
      01-15-2019, 06:10 PM   #38
PARTS@STBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW

Beautiful build, well done!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 06:38 PM   #39
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Looking good! And damn... didn't know homes like that existed out there in Youngstown, but I guess Tressel has to live somewhere right?

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/9...08673849_zpid/
      01-15-2019, 07:20 PM   #40
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARTS@STBMW View Post
Beautiful build, well done!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Looking good! And damn... didn't know homes like that existed out there in Youngstown, but I guess Tressel has to live somewhere right?

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/9...08673849_zpid/
Haha it's funny you mentioned Tressel - while he was coaching for YSU, his home was directly behind mine. He then sold it when he took the OSU job. You'd be surprised of the homes & money here though...Debartlo/York (49ers owner) home is less than 2 miles down the road just to name one.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 03:14 PM   #41
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep

This is where my OCD level of care starts to take place...Took the time over the weekend to fully clean and condition my leather with Swissvax Forte kit. Although it's a bit pricey, I feel as though it was worth every penny. It seems that the driver seats upper bolster is a weak point in these cars because during my search of M6's, most of them showed signs of wear there. I figured I would end up having to dye it for restoration, but that thought is no more. It was a simple two step process, Cleaner & Conditioner, that resulted in what you see in the photos. No edits, no silly angles, none of that.

Next was cleaning up the area behind the kidney grilles. I had a set of RPI air scoops and black grilles that I wanted to install so I figured I'd knock this all out at once. The given space had a very "ashy" look to it and was easily noticeable to me, especially when the sun would hit it. So I simple cleaned this area with alcohol and then restored it using my go-to for plastic trim, Solution Finish Black. When maintained properly, I've personally seen it last for 14 months on a much more exposed area.

Appreciate 2
ts-m516.50
kong24680252.00
      01-21-2019, 10:13 PM   #42
ind_can
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC ILE

Nice work! Love your attention to detail! I've been wondering about which leather care kit to get and seems like this one will do the trick.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 04:14 AM   #43
ts-m5
Private
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 -> F06 M6 -> F90 M5

nice restoration job on your front seat!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 04:55 AM   #44
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupé & M240i Coupé

Speaking of leather maintenance kit does anyone have a good suggestion for a product which (without being too aggressive on the leather) removes the slight color stains (e.g. from jeans, other color stains left from clothes) on a light interior such as Ivory White? I do not want to scratch the weather but it doesn't seem otherwise so easy. But 1st things first I want to be sure I have the right product. Got black leather in the other car so I usually used "light" leather products just to keep the leather fresh - stains were never an issue.
Appreciate 0