BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-11-2022, 03:05 PM   #155
gary_william
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Scotch is nasty
Appreciate 3
wdb4762.50
      12-11-2022, 04:58 PM   #156
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Majority of ppl have no freaking clue what time it is and it's scary, and I'm not talking about DST either lol.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2022, 05:52 PM   #157
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Majority of ppl have no freaking clue what time it is and it's scary, and I'm not talking about DST either lol.
What time is it?

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2022, 07:08 PM   #158
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
What time is it?
If you have to ask...
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2022, 07:53 PM   #159
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Ok, I have some more:

.not really into vacations
.don't see the pt of going to sporting events as I can see it better on tv
.there is such thing as too much HP, esp on public roads, no pt
.you're not part of the team, stop saying that "we" crap lol

Last edited by tranquility; 12-11-2022 at 09:16 PM..
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25176.00
M3 boi3211.00
      12-11-2022, 11:53 PM   #160
rusty_g80
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 50i

Superhero movies should be left for kids.
Fast and Furious should have stopped after the first movie. Each sequel is progressively worse.
Appreciate 4
ASAP10256.50
antgenn319.00
M3 boi3211.00
      12-12-2022, 12:02 AM   #161
wtwo3
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If you have to ask...
Touche

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 2
antgenn319.00
      12-12-2022, 02:47 AM   #162
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Not a big fan of comedies.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 06:38 AM   #163
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

(Thread should be retitled "steps to becoming a curmudgeon.")

This is the most exciting time in history to be alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 02:44 PM   #164
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
then you just created a massive deterrent to legalization... there is no federal test to see if someone is under the influence of marijuana and operating a vehicle... at least not one that doesn't have major legal challenges... this exists for alcohol... and the way that I see cars around me driving whilst the odor of weed airs out, its obvious they are being affected by it... which is why its easier to make a clear cut rule
It may blow your mind to know that much of the legal weed currently being consumed is through edibles, not smoking it.
      12-12-2022, 02:53 PM   #165
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
I seem to have hit some major sore spots for a few people that perhaps need to look in the mirror... i am actually the guy that tips extra for the lowest paid worker and the guy that advocated for our healthcare system during covid for frontline workers... but if you think its ok for kids to hit the back of someones seat which is blatanly becoming more and more common, then as a parent, you are in fact a douche
Na, I just take offense to those that act like they know how to raise kids when they in fact have never had kids of their own. Babies and children are humans and even the best mannered can sometimes be hard to control.

Yeah, there are a ton of bad parents out there, but there are more adults out there that say and do socially questionable things, get in people's personnel space, have no social awareness, lash out at people for no good reason, etc. Overall, adults are more misbehaved than kids and there's excuse for that as they are grown freaking adult.
      12-12-2022, 02:59 PM   #166
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Quote:
I've never been but would love to go... I live close to the Carribean but HI seems so much different... its a volcanic island with so many geographical variances... is it not worth going if you haven't been? I find that hard to believe.
I am a huge Hawaii fan and have been there a few times. Totally agree that the cost and the time of travel is somewhat of a pain (I live in MN) but once you are there it is an awesome experience and it is absolutely gorgeous.
      12-12-2022, 03:49 PM   #167
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
I love the Z8 but didn't realize it was considered one of the best of all time?
Oh my. According to quite a few BMW folks, not to mention the general car geek population, the Z8 is the most beautiful thing BMW ever created. Some go further than that. I think the 507 is simply gorgeous, much better looking than a Z8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O_Doc View Post
IPAs are horrible.
In cold weather. Drink them in summer, add ice to keep it cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary_william View Post
Scotch is nasty
Yes. Yes it is.

Quote:
.there is such thing as too much HP, esp on public roads, no pt
I would agree but with the caveat that "it depends on the package". I have recently been given the incredible gift of having an S65 AMG Coupe to play with. 621HP and -- more importantly -- 740 'torques' as Jeremy likes to call them, all of which are available at a low-low 2400 RPMs. The car itself is by and large a luxo cruiser. But when there is a small gap in traffic that needs to be hit, or when that a**hole in the pickup thinks they can play some kind of intimidation game, or when the passing zone on the two-lane is very very short... ...as one road test editor said, "you don't think about passing, it just happens." Pretty sweet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
This is the most exciting time in history to be alive.
May you live in interesting times.
Appreciate 2
minn1914078.00
      12-12-2022, 04:06 PM   #168
wtwo3
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Oh my. According to quite a few BMW folks, not to mention the general car geek population, the Z8 is the most beautiful thing BMW ever created. Some go further than that. I think the 507 is simply gorgeous, much better looking than a Z8.
Ah... I was confusing "most beautiful thing BMW ever created" with most beautiful car ever created period.

As for most beautiful BMW ever created, I wouldn't fault others for thinking that. But in terms of cars in general, it doesn't come even close to the likes of the Jaguar E type, Ferrari 250 gto.... etc etc.

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 06:07 PM   #169
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
I would agree but with the caveat that "it depends on the package". I have recently been given the incredible gift of having an S65 AMG Coupe to play with. 621HP and -- more importantly -- 740 'torques' as Jeremy likes to call them, all of which are available at a low-low 2400 RPMs. The car itself is by and large a luxo cruiser. But when there is a small gap in traffic that needs to be hit, or when that a**hole in the pickup thinks they can play some kind of intimidation game, or when the passing zone on the two-lane is very very short... ...as one road test editor said, "you don't think about passing, it just happens." Pretty sweet.
I get it, I have the majority of power coming from down low too, it's very accessible. Still, heck, even my car is too much for the public roads, don't see the pt when we're legally restricted to 100kph give or take. I can do sub-5s 0-60 and that's plenty in everyday traffic. Ppl can wring their cars, do all sorts of illegal pulls, etc, but I try to stay w/i the legal realm and never tracked my car so I have never fully explored its limits, I'm guessing *maybe* tried 45% driving legally...so, on the road, what's the pt? Just blue balls and it's made worse the more powerful the car.

Last edited by tranquility; 12-12-2022 at 06:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 06:25 PM   #170
vbb
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 manual

Quote:
not really into vacations
Here's one that I actually think is a true "unpopular" opinion. Most of the examples posted are opinions shared by a ton of people, but just not the majority of people. If 40% of a given population holds an opinion, it may not be the majority opinion, but that doesn't make it unpopular. But I digress...

I do think the "not into vacations" is pretty unpopular, as just about everyone I've ever met likes taking vacations as long as they can afford to. I share this opinion though... I can afford to take vacations (within reason) but it isn't really something I ever think about doing. If someone gave me $20K to take a nice all expenses paid vacation to anywhere I wanted to go, I'd think of a bunch of other things I'd rather do with the money than take the vacation. No matter how nice the hotel is, I prefer my own bed. No matter how nice the location is, I find myself wanting to come home after a day or two. I dislike air travel because of all of the hassle and stress, plus the uncomfortable seats and having to sit next to so many people. Trains are a little better, but they take too long to get anywhere. Buses are worse. Cruise ships? No thanks. I suppose true first class air accommodations or flying private would fix this, but that is prohibitively expensive.

I go on vacations, but I am almost never really looking forward to them. I've always thought I was kind of weird in that way. So yeah, I think that's an unpopular opinion.
Appreciate 3
Tyga113260.50
      12-12-2022, 06:58 PM   #171
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbb View Post
Here's one that I actually think is a true "unpopular" opinion. Most of the examples posted are opinions shared by a ton of people, but just not the majority of people. If 40% of a given population holds an opinion, it may not be the majority opinion, but that doesn't make it unpopular. But I digress...

I do think the "not into vacations" is pretty unpopular, as just about everyone I've ever met likes taking vacations as long as they can afford to. I share this opinion though... I can afford to take vacations (within reason) but it isn't really something I ever think about doing. If someone gave me $20K to take a nice all expenses paid vacation to anywhere I wanted to go, I'd think of a bunch of other things I'd rather do with the money than take the vacation. No matter how nice the hotel is, I prefer my own bed. No matter how nice the location is, I find myself wanting to come home after a day or two. I dislike air travel because of all of the hassle and stress, plus the uncomfortable seats and having to sit next to so many people. Trains are a little better, but they take too long to get anywhere. Buses are worse. Cruise ships? No thanks. I suppose true first class air accommodations or flying private would fix this, but that is prohibitively expensive.

I go on vacations, but I am almost never really looking forward to them. I've always thought I was kind of weird in that way. So yeah, I think that's an unpopular opinion.
Yup, I generally share your sentiments, but I'm ok w travel, heck, I even like the plane food haha. I guess I figure I'll never visit every place in the world, so why bother? LOL. Ppl see lots of different locales, buildings/architecture, interacting w foreign ppl, but I don't really get too excited about this kinda stuff.
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2022, 07:07 PM   #172
vbb
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 manual

Quote:
Yup, I generally share your sentiments, but I'm ok w travel, heck, I even like the plane food haha. I guess I figure I'll never visit every place in the world, so why bother? LOL. Ppl see lots of different locales, buildings/architecture, interacting w foreign ppl, but I don't really get too excited about this kinda stuff.
I just don't like being "trapped" around people in close quarters. People talk too much or are too loud, people have unpleasant odors or eat smelly food, people cough and sneeze and get motion sickness, people are big and take up too much room. And almost all travel means you'll have to deal with one or more of those things. If you can get perfect travel, where you have nobody around or it is quiet and comfortable, fine... but that almost never happens. The best flight I ever had was one where the plane was like 1/4th full, but that was many years ago and the airlines have figured out how to basically never let that happen again. And then when you get where you're going, I never sleep right in hotels and then start thinking about the hassle of the trip back so it is hard to relax.

Long story short, I am not really into travel at all. The money it would take to do it the way I'd want to do it... first class all the way and the highest end hotels... is too expensive.
Appreciate 1
Tyga113260.50
      12-12-2022, 07:58 PM   #173
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbb View Post
I just don't like being "trapped" around people in close quarters. People talk too much or are too loud, people have unpleasant odors or eat smelly food, people cough and sneeze and get motion sickness, people are big and take up too much room. And almost all travel means you'll have to deal with one or more of those things. If you can get perfect travel, where you have nobody around or it is quiet and comfortable, fine... but that almost never happens. The best flight I ever had was one where the plane was like 1/4th full, but that was many years ago and the airlines have figured out how to basically never let that happen again. And then when you get where you're going, I never sleep right in hotels and then start thinking about the hassle of the trip back so it is hard to relax.

Long story short, I am not really into travel at all. The money it would take to do it the way I'd want to do it... first class all the way and the highest end hotels... is too expensive.
My God - I think we are spirit animals. I really couldn't agree more
Appreciate 2
vbb1955.50
M3 boi3211.00
      12-12-2022, 10:20 PM   #174
Nairb1
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Only one way to grill…

Charcoal
      12-13-2022, 11:56 AM   #175
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
It may blow your mind to know that much of the legal weed currently being consumed is through edibles, not smoking it.
sure... so then how do you regulate the driving portion? i am under the impression CA, CO and WA have not yet figured this out... it would be like driving under heavy prescriptions... not sure how you could legalize anything without figuring that out.
      12-13-2022, 12:19 PM   #176
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

BMW drivers do actually use their turn signals contrary to popular belief
sygazelle11528.00
M3 boi3211.00