11-06-2023, 02:50 PM   #67
D52M550
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M550i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
I really missed my M550, but I needed something bigger and the iX M60 was losing way too much value in less than a year. The XM checked all the boxes between my M550 and iX M60. I know most M purists hate this vehicle, but I didn’t buy it for them. 😂

Thanks for the kind words! This just proves that people can disagree on an appearance and still get along just fine!
Why are they (iX M60) losing value so fast? I mean the first year on any car takes the biggest hit, but you’re saying it’s more than normal, is that correct?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2023, 02:55 PM   #68
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by D52M550 View Post
Why are they (iX M60) losing value so fast? I mean the first year on any car takes the biggest hit, but you’re saying it’s more than normal, is that correct?
When I bought it in January of this year, they were impossible to find so I had to drive to a dealership four hours away. It was not uncommon to find these being sold for 5K to 10K over MSRP. I did purchase mine at full MSRP (120K) and my recent trade-in was only 83K. That’s a $37,000 net loss in only 10 months! Just for context, I only lost 30K on my M550 after four full years of ownership. With the current lease incentives, you can lease a brand new 2024 with a 122K MSRP for about 20-25K less than that (10K-15K off MRSP + $9,900 lease incentives).

EV sales have slowed and the airbag recall held up vehicles for about four months. As a result, vehicles were piled up at dealer lots and the VPCs, so BMW FS started offering these incredible lease incentives that have been there since June or July. It has totally killed the value for those of us that bought them - esp. at full price. I decided to make a terrible decision and sell it now before it got any worse. I made an even worse by leasing a 192K vehicle, but I’m happy to be leasing now. I’ll never purchase a vehicle over 100K again unless I plan to keep it. #LessonLearned
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2023, 03:04 PM   #69
D52M550
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M550i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
When I bought it in January of this year, they were impossible to find so I had to drive to a dealership four hours away. It was not uncommon to find these being sold for 5K to 10K over MSRP. I did purchase mine at full MSRP (120K) and my trade-in value was down 40K or roughly 33% even at the six-month mark. For context, I only lost 30K on my M550 after four full years of ownership.

EV sales have slowed and the airbag recall held up vehicles for about four months. As a result, vehicles were piled up at dealer lots and the VPCs, so BMW FS started offering these incredible lease incentives that have been there since June or July. It has totally killed the value for those of us that bought them - esp. at full price. I decided to make a terrible decision and sell it now before it got any worse. I made an even worse by leasing a 192K vehicle, but I’m happy to be leasing now. I’ll never purchase a vehicle over 100K again unless I plan to keep it. #LessonLearned
Wow! I wasn’t aware of this. I’m considering leasing next (for the first time), but have no idea how it all works and if it’s better than just buying a CPO (always bought CPO; can’t stomach the loss of value buying new). Have you ever leases prior to your XM? If so, could you give me an idea of your payment compared to the price of the vehicle? For example, the XM was 192K and your lease payment is ?

If I were to lease, I imagine I’d get a M5 which is around 120K or so wondering what the payment would be plus whatever they want at signing, and if that’s better than just getting a CPO M5. Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0