BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

03-23-2013, 05:57 AM   #23
BMW_Q8
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 740Li (F02)

the regularl 650 is 28000 right ?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #24
gokudo_90
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Actually its a gd price, the discount probably will be between 1-2, if you build one in the uk site , at the end you will see all ur options then ull see the price with out VAT, convert that price to kwd then increase 1-1.5 thats the actual price ull get
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #25
gokudo_90
Private
Rep

The regular 650 i think was 30 not sure
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #26
BMW_Q8
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 740Li (F02)

ok thanx I asked them about the regular one today they told me 29500 ..

I'm only worried because BMW keeps on doing facelifts all the time =\ but this car is the most powerful in its class.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 01:52 AM   #27
WhyGeeGee
Second Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC , 2016 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Q8 View Post
ok thanx I asked them about the regular one today they told me 29500 ..

I'm only worried because BMW keeps on doing facelifts all the time =\ but this car is the most powerful in its class.
Congrats on your order I'm shocked that the prices in Kuwait are cheaper than what we have here in Qatar since the regular 650i is around QR 444,000 which is around KD 34,000.
      03-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #28
Hadi Q8
Rep
Drives: -

Wow i'm surprised to see guys from the Gulf in this forum!
Anyways (mabrook) and (mashallah) great choices!
I'm thinking of getting a 640i coupe soon with similar options to yours, but your price shocked me i didn't expect options to increase the price this much!
My budget limit is 30,000 KD and the salesman told me the 640i starts from 24,500 KD so i based my expectations on that.
Are you sure that our prices are based on the UK configurator? Cuz here the 640i starts from 24,500 and on the UK configurator it starts from almost 27,000 KD
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #29
gokudo_90
Private
Rep

Bmw_Q8 : i wouldnt worry about a facelift now since all the models are being made with the 6 series concept( led head lights+ front facia) so whats there to facelift?
WhyGeeGee: yea i expected qatar to have lower prices
Hadi Q8: did u remove the VAT as i instructed above? My previous car, my current car and the 650 all were very close to those prices +1000 almost
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #30
gokudo_90
Private
Rep

Hadi Q8: my exact car price is 38.5, assuming the 2 discount they give, its 36.5, in the config i got 35.250
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #31
Hadi Q8
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokudo_90 View Post
Bmw_Q8 : i wouldnt worry about a facelift now since all the models are being made with the 6 series concept( led head lights+ front facia) so whats there to facelift?
WhyGeeGee: yea i expected qatar to have lower prices
Hadi Q8: did u remove the VAT as i instructed above? My previous car, my current car and the 650 all were very close to those prices +1000 almost
Woops forgot to remove the VAT, my bad. Now the prices make much more sense almost the same as Kuwait.

About the facelift, BMW facelift their cars after 4 years so the 6 series will get it on 2016 which is totally fine with me. Plus, their facelifts are nothing major and the BMW dealer can do it for a very reasonable price.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 11:47 PM   #32
WhyGeeGee
Second Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadi Q8 View Post
Woops forgot to remove the VAT, my bad. Now the prices make much more sense almost the same as Kuwait.

About the facelift, BMW facelift their cars after 4 years so the 6 series will get it on 2016 which is totally fine with me. Plus, their facelifts are nothing major and the BMW dealer can do it for a very reasonable price.
If you are going to order a 640i then I would suggest you skip some options if you want to stay on budget since I found them to be not worth the price such options are:

1- Nappa leather - besides the fact that you get comfort seats with them I don't see any reason to get them, sure they look good but they show strech marks easily and are't very durable.

2- Leather dash - again it looks good but not worth the price.

3-Lane departure warning - not very useful.

4- Intergral steering and Adaptive drive- they are good but the car drives fine without them.

5- B&O sound system- I don't think that I would pay that much for it since it's not even manufactured by them but by BMW.

In my opinion getting the exterior+interior color that you want is the most important thing and if you intend to go the Individual route then removing some options is the way to go.
      03-25-2013, 04:12 AM   #33
gokudo_90
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyGeeGee View Post
If you are going to order a 640i then I would suggest you skip some options if you want to stay on budget since I found them to be not worth the price such options are:

1- Nappa leather - besides the fact that you get comfort seats with them I don't see any reason to get them, sure they look good but they show strech marks easily and are't very durable.

4- Intergral steering and Adaptive drive- they are good but the car drives fine without them.

5- B&O sound system- I don't think that I would pay that much for it since it's not even manufactured by them but by BMW.

In my opinion getting the exterior+interior color that you want is the most important thing and if you intend to go the Individual route then removing some options is the way to go.
If u remove all that it'll just become the standard 640i in the dealer

To me nappa leather is a must! The difference in comfort between nevada/dacota and nappa is huge! Ive tried both nappa feels alot better and comfier

Adaptive drive+ active steering true the car can drive with out them but they make a world of difference in handeling! I have both on my current car it makes driving and maneuvering so much easier considering its a huge car( X5)

Leather dash just looks stunning!

B&O go for it if ur songs are of high quality and you are a real music lover
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 04:18 AM   #34
gokudo_90
Private
Rep

Forgot to mention
Option 6WB the multi function instrument panel is a must! Its the option im waiting for the most
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 04:42 AM   #35
Hadi Q8
Rep

Quote:

1- Well i reaaally want the red interior so i am forced to choose nappa.
2- what i really like is the contrast stitching so again i am forced to get leather dash.
3- i can skip that u r right
4- i don't know anything about adaptive drive so i'll skip it. Integral steering i'm not too sure about, some like it and some really hate it so i'm confused.
5- i agree the system is overpriced, but i'm a huge music lover so i'll try them and make sure they are worth it.

Thanks for the advice i appreciate it!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 04:50 AM   #36
Hadi Q8
Rep

Quote:
If u remove all that it'll just become the standard 640i in the dealer

To me nappa leather is a must! The difference in comfort between nevada/dacota and nappa is huge! Ive tried both nappa feels alot better and comfier

Adaptive drive+ active steering true the car can drive with out them but they make a world of difference in handeling! I have both on my current car it makes driving and maneuvering so much easier considering its a huge car( X5)

Leather dash just looks stunning!

B&O go for it if ur songs are of high quality and you are a real music lover
Well i have to stick with nappa since i want the red interior. My second interior choice would be individual platinum white but it will collect dirt and i dont want that.
I dont know anything about the adaptive drive it's very pricey does it make this much of a difference?
And the integral steering, i got reeeeally excited when i first read its description it is very smart! But all pro drivers said that it makes the steering feel numb and artificial, but some other ppl like it and say it makes the car feel much smaller and makes u-turns and maneuvering much easier. I really need your advice since you've tried it and know how Kuwait streets are.
B&O is a must for me since i'm a huge rock fan i would love to listen to all the tiny details in music.
And the multi function instrument, i am like u veery excited to see it, it would look perfect on the 6 series!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 05:16 AM   #37
gokudo_90
Private
Rep

Quote:
Well i have to stick with nappa since i want the red interior. My second interior choice would be individual platinum white but it will collect dirt and i dont want that.
I dont know anything about the adaptive drive it's very pricey does it make this much of a difference?
And the integral steering, i got reeeeally excited when i first read its description it is very smart! But all pro drivers said that it makes the steering feel numb and artificial, but some other ppl like it and say it makes the car feel much smaller and makes u-turns and maneuvering much easier. I really need your advice since you've tried it and know how Kuwait streets are.
B&O is a must for me since i'm a huge rock fan i would love to listen to all the tiny details in music.
And the multi function instrument, i am like u veery excited to see it, it would look perfect on the 6 series!
adaptive drive on the X5 really makes a difference when you are taking sharp turns at high speeds, it reduces the body roll alot, so to me its a must

active steering , ive tried the X5 with and without and gotta say it makes the car alot smaller, my version of the active steering is old, so this one must have been improved alot. it makes the u-turn instead 2.5 turns to just 1.5. plus makes it easier to move in tight places.

since you are a rock fan like me then you should get B&O
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 05:26 AM   #38
Hadi Q8
Rep

Quote:
adaptive drive on the X5 really makes a difference when you are taking sharp turns at high speeds, it reduces the body roll alot, so to me its a must

active steering , ive tried the X5 with and without and gotta say it makes the car alot smaller, my version of the active steering is old, so this one must have been improved alot. it makes the u-turn instead 2.5 turns to just 1.5. plus makes it easier to move in tight places.

since you are a rock fan like me then you should get B&O
I will look further into adaptive drive. Now i'm not worried about the integral steering i will make sure to get it thanks for clearing that up for me
About the sound system, i tried Harman on Merc CLS and it was really great for rock music i could hear everything, B&O is pricier and is known to have better quality than Harman so i'm expecting something massive
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 01:53 AM   #39
WhyGeeGee
Second Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep

Quote:
I will look further into adaptive drive. Now i'm not worried about the integral steering i will make sure to get it thanks for clearing that up for me
About the sound system, i tried Harman on Merc CLS and it was really great for rock music i could hear everything, B&O is pricier and is known to have better quality than Harman so i'm expecting something massive
I also had adaptive drive and Active steering on my old X5 and it's true that active steering is nice to have but for someone who is on a budget I don't think you will miss either adaptive drive nor the Integral Active Steering.

When it comes to ordering a car it's nice to have all option boxes checked when you can afford it but not all of them are worth it.

This is all subjective afterall you are the one paying & driving the car so what I might think is un-important to me might be huge for you.

In the end you can't go wrong with the 6 series and goold luck with your order
      03-28-2013, 05:28 AM   #40
Hadi Q8
Rep

Quote:
I also had adaptive drive and Active steering on my old X5 and it's true that active steering is nice to have but for someone who is on a budget I don't think you will miss either adaptive drive nor the Integral Active Steering.

When it comes to ordering a car it's nice to have all option boxes checked when you can afford it but not all of them are worth it.

This is all subjective afterall you are the one paying & driving the car so what I might think is un-important to me might be huge for you.

In the end you can't go wrong with the 6 series and goold luck with your order
I will skip adaptive drive and stick with integral steering. Finally i have made a great combination within my budget limits. Thanks a lot for your advice and yeah u can never go wrong with a 6er
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 05:41 AM   #41
gokudo_90
Private
Rep

Mabrook my friend, whats your choice of color for ext?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 05:49 AM   #42
gokudo_90
Private
Rep

And make sure you get the new Idrive 4.2, i emailed the guy resoponsible for orders and asked him if mine will have but he still didnt reply
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 06:21 AM   #43
Hadi Q8
Rep

Quote:
And make sure you get the new Idrive 4.2, i emailed the guy resoponsible for orders and asked him if mine will have but he still didnt reply
Allah ybarek feek but i haven't ordered it yet i will wait a little since the production is going to be in June
My color is Brilliant White Metallic, i'm TOTALLY in love with it. The M package will be very visible with it. Plus i love the way it shines almost looks matte.

About the iDrive, i thought all 2014 models come standard with that. Good thing u told me i will make sure to ask them.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 06:32 AM   #44
gokudo_90
Private
Rep

It should come standard , im just afraid mine wont, my is schedualed for june as well so i guess both our cars will arrive at the same time
Appreciate 0