BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

07-07-2008, 04:40 PM   #23
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

Honda Fit
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2008, 01:31 AM   #24
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD View Post
Honda Fit
Lol.

Well I started off my test drive with the base Rabbit model, 5-speed manual. It was rather bleh, steering feel and wheel were not so great. Needless to say I was rather disappointed.

Then I tried the Jetta SE, I believe, as it came with leather seats, etc. The steering wheel was the leather wrapped one, definitely better than the base Rabbit steering wheel. Steering was quite a bit heavier than the Rabbit and had less wobbliness. Overall the Jetta was so much nicer than the Rabbit.

Hopefully I will be able to get into a Black/Black Jetta SE !

Just for the hell of it I am going to check out the Mazda 3 and maybe their hatchback too, but I doubt that I will be able to get the same quality for similar price as far as the Jetta goes.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2008, 01:42 AM   #25
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
So i see youre dad talked to you and youre kinda set on leasing but consider this 1st... even if its just for comparison.

You lease for $250/mo with probably $2500 down (plus tax, title, tags).
You will be restricted to a certain amount of miles per year and responsible for ANY damages incurred through out the lease. Then you give the car back after 2-3 years and have ZERO to show for it.

You could BUY a used car for $17.5k or so, your payment would be $250/mo (for 5 yr loan at about 6%APR) with that same $2500 down (plus tax, title, tags). You AREN'T limited to miles, you AREN'T required to perform repairs if you don't want to (or at least have more leeway in how/when you can do it) and in the same 2-3 years you would have leased... you'll have equity in the car so you can sell it and possibly trade it in for more than you owe on it and use it towards a new ride when you graduate.

I would suggest going Japanese since you'll get the best resale values. For what you are looking for, I would go for an Acura (or Honda if you like the Accords/Civics but the Acuras are cooler IMO) I have owned an 05 RSX type S (which next to my bimmer was the most fun car to drive) and an 07 TSX which was also a lot of fun and a little nicer on the inside than the RSX. Both of those cars are safe, fun to drive, dependable, fuel economical and hold their values VERY well. You could have a used or maybe even CPO'd one and it will last you WAY beyond your time in college.

heres just a few out there in the Dallas area right now.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/search...2&aff=national

Something to consider I guess.

GL

-Badger
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2008, 01:46 AM   #26
NaTuReB0Y