BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-05-2022, 02:22 AM   #243
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

I am calling YOU out Sedan_clan. I was holding back even responding again and just let it slide giving you the benefit of the doubt being an officer and all the shit you have to deal with until I just noticed you edited my original post in your reply making it sound like I was stating fact instead of opinion. That is some junior level B.S. This is personal now, you not only strawmanned me, but you removed key words from my original post to prop up your pathetic attempt to strawman. With this lack of honor, I question how many times you have tweaked a report in your favor and screwed someone over?

My original post:

"My brother in law recently lost his 25 year old daughter. He missed being by her side when she died by only minutes due to traffic.

It has changed how I see aggressive drivers. Sure they could just be a douche on wheels, but more often then not I bet it is an actual emergency."

You then modified it, removing the "I bet" to make it sound like I was stating fact by posting:

"It's changed how I see aggressive drivers. Sure they could just be a douche on wheels, but more often then not Its most likely an emergency of some kind."

That is a REAL shitty thing to do to someone who's only post was from a place of pain and for us to show a little more understanding to each other on the road. I no longer see you as honest cop. Much more to come in a follow post picking your strawman apart piece by piece so buckle up buttercup. You have insulted me and what my love ones have gone through and have all of that emotional energy & time to back up going to toe to toe with you.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 02-05-2022 at 02:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 02:40 AM   #244
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
I am calling YOU out Sedan_clan. I was holding back even responding again and just let it slide giving you the benefit of the doubt being an officer and all the shit you have to deal with until I just noticed you edited my original post in your reply making it sound like I was stating fact instead of opinion. That is some junior level B.S. This is personal now, you not only strawmanned me, but you removed key words from my original post to prop up your pathetic attempt to strawman. With this lack of honor, I question how many times you have tweaked a report in your favor and screwed someone over?

My original post:

"My brother in law recently lost his 25 year old daughter. He missed being by her side when she died by only minutes due to traffic.

It has changed how I see aggressive drivers. Sure they could just be a douche on wheels, but more often then not I bet it is an actual emergency."

You then modified it, removing the "I bet" to make it sound like I was stating fact by posting:

"It's changed how I see aggressive drivers. Sure they could just be a douche on wheels, but more often then not Its most likely an emergency of some kind."

That is a REAL shitty thing to do to someone who's only post was from a place of pain and for us to show a little more understanding to each other on the road. I no longer see you as honest cop. Much more to come in a follow post picking your strawman apart piece by piece so buckle up buttercup. You have insulted me and what my love ones have gone through and have all of that emotional energy & time to back up going to toe to toe with you.
You are a weird dude. I didn't edit your post. At the time I quoted you, that's what you stated; I wish someone else had quoted you too. You later went and edited your post after the fact. You want to play victim here for some unknown reason, piggybacking off of your brother-in-law's loss. You are really unstable.

P.S. Regardless of which version of your words we/you use, you're still essentially stating the same thing. It doesn't/didn't change the ridiculousness of your claim.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 02:43 AM   #245
SCREAM3R
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Sigh, where did I say only the Accord was the culprit? Where??? Bet your life.
Again, I stated many times truck was bad but Accord was definitely worse - you simply wish to misconstrue everything; the law according to Sedan is CLEAR, so everyone thinking that the truck was worse is DEAD WRONG, yet you guys still stubbornly argue w ego refusing to acknowledge the law. Also, unless you practise proper lane etiquette and only stay right unless passing, you have no right to talk to me because you guys are doing it wrong and drive all over the place.

You also failed to realize that it was a one-car accident!

So, yes, it *is* scary you guys are doubling-down on such a simple case, forget about really complicated stuff like geopolitics.
Take a deep breath lol. There was a lot to read in here so I may have missed a post or two directly saying the Accord was worse. But I think the general consensus is that although the Accord caused his own accident and endangered people, the truck was not innocent and escalated the situation. I understand the cop says he didn’t do anything technically illegal but I would hope most people can agree that the situation was escalated by BOTH vehicles.
Appreciate 1
shiftdnb379.00
      02-05-2022, 02:46 AM   #246
SCREAM3R
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
You are a weird dude. I didn't edit your post. At the time I quoted you, that's what you stated; I wish someone else had quoted you too. You later went and edited your post after the fact. You want to play victim here for some unknown reason, piggybacking off of your brother-in-law's loss. You are really unstable.

P.S. Regardless of which version of your words we/you use, you're still essentially stating the same thing. It doesn't/didn't change the ridiculousness of your claim.
The post he is saying was changed doesn’t show it was edited… just saying.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 02:49 AM   #247
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAM3R View Post
Quote:

The post he is saying was changed doesn't show it was edited… just saying.
You can make quick edits after the initial post without it displaying the prompt at the lower portion of the screen. I have edited post #244 twice, for example, adding the post-script statement and it doesn't show the italicized prompt. I've edited this post four times and it doesn't show it was edited either.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 02:57 AM   #248
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Look at the picture in my post, the reply right below mine shows my quote but yours after shows it edited? How do you explain that?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 03:10 AM   #249
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Look at the picture in my post, the reply right below mine shows my quote but yours after shows it edited? How do you explain that?
See posts #244 and #247. I've already addressed what's going on here. I quoted your initial statement, and in the process of typing my reply, you edited your statement that was quoted. Your edit does not register once I begin my reply to you, so whatever you initially typed when I decided to quote you is the quote that will be displayed in my reply. In either case, the edit you made isn't really stating anything differently than your original statement, so I'm not sure why exactly you're posting lengthy diatribes.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 03:15 AM   #250
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Your so full of it. There is post directly under mine and BEFORE yours that shows my exact post. The grammar is different also. Also why doesn't it show any edits if I changed my post? That post was yesterday, every other post I have edited shows edits.You retyped the entire sentence.

And it makes all the difference as it comes across as thought I am stating fact vs opinion and gave you starting ground for your strawman.

I am not the one false-quoting someone buddy. You picked a fight with someone who just lost a family member by twisting my argument to meet your false narrative. What did you think was going to happen? Are you used to picking fights with people with no spine?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 03:18 AM   #251
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Your so full of it. There is post directly under mine and BEFORE yours that shows my exact post. The grammar is different also. Also why doesn't it show any edits if I changed my post? That post was yesterday, every other post I have edited shows edits.You retyped the entire sentence.

And it makes all the difference as it comes across as thought I am stating fact vs opinion and gave you starting ground for your strawman.

I am not the one false-quoting someone buddy. You picked a fight with someone who just lost a family member by twisting my argument to meet your false narrative. What did you think was going to happen? Are you used to picking fights with people with no spine?

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 03:28 AM   #252
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I don't care what anyone says about your Sedan, your an handsome devil and props for having the courage to post a self portrait.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 03:30 AM   #253
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
I don't care what anyone says about your Sedan, your an handsome devil and props for having the courage to post a self portrait.
Thank you kind Sir!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 04:02 AM   #254
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I absolutely did not. You are conflating two different statements. In fact, my statement about calling 911 was A POST SCRIPT STATEMENT that was generalized. I don't know how else I could've furthered separated the intent behind what was stated. You're just emotional and irrational; they usually go hand-in-hand. It's okay though. My point was made. Sorry for your loss. Carry on!
You absolutely did try to spin a strawman and your junior-high level of manipulation is pathetic. You also directly edited my original post by removing key words to make it come across as I was stating fact in attempt to give your strawman foundation. I guess we should not be surprised however when you have bragged about using obscure laws to pull someone over if you feel like it.

You are fooling nobody save for your number one fan/sycophant who follows you around this thread like a lost puppy. I will spell it all out for you since it obviously keeps flying over your head. (Or is your trolling game on point?)

First lets start off with some basic definitions since it seems to be escaping you. I shouldn't have to spell this out but here we are:

A strawman is a form of argument and an informal fallacy of having the impression of refuting an argument, whereas the real subject of the argument was not addressed or refuted, but instead replaced with a false one.

Now my original post:

It has changed how I see aggressive drivers. Sure they could just be a douche on wheels, but more often then not I bet it is an actual emergency.."

At no point did I say it was a medical emergency. You do understand what that is do you not? Lets bust out the dictionary just in case you are not trolling me:

A medical emergency is a sudden injury or serious illness that, if not treated right away, could cause death or serious harm.

Sorry to break it to ya, but rushing to be by a family members side who is already at a hospital and terminal is not an medical emergency that could be better suited to a ambulance or 911 call. It is just an EMERGENCY, just as I stated. The father showing up or not has nothing do with her medical condition.

Now lets what see happened next, your original post:
"No it is not! The likelihood of a driver operating a motor vehicle aggressively due to a medical emergency is a low percentage outlier."

Your immediate post was a strawman, you misdirected the argument into a false medical emergency narrative that I never said. Nice manipulation that making it sound as though it was typical medical emergency that should have been handled by 911.

You then follow up with:
In my career I can count on ONE or maybe TWO hand(s) the number of people who have caused collisions due to medical emergencies; usually from seizures or heart attacks behind the wheel. On average I respond to 5-6 collisions A DAY on top of all of the assaults [with deadly weapons], robberies, burglaries, car jackings, etc.

Nothing to do with what I said, my argument had nothing to with someone suffering a medical condition causing and accident.

Finally your c'est de la resistance and the highlight of your strawman:
]P.S. If you're having a medical emergency, pull over and call 911. The highway patrol, fire department and EMS will be far more useful and effective than driving like a jerk.

Again nothing to do with my original argument and a stawman attempt to make it sound like as if I was arguing for driving in a emergency situation that a ambulance/EMS could better take care of, Tossing a PS in front of it does not hide it from being a strawman buddy. People are not that dumb and can see your tactics (save for your trusty forum puppy) a mile away.

And you know what? Your a real piece of work when you consider my entire post was about giving people the benefit of the doubt, showing a little freaking humanity and letting them pass as to not make the situation worse and deescalate the situation and your stance this entire thread has been from the truck did nothing wrong since everything it did was technically legal, (lets just ignore the part where he broke the speed limit to block the car and made contact with the Honda as that doesn't fit your narrative)

Your words as an officer carry alot of weight on this forum. I wonder will you feel any responsibility should one of the members here feel emboldened by your stance that they are in the legal right and block someone trying to pass that results in a future accident involving innocent people/cars not related to the altercation? I doubt it, you seem like the lawfully evil type. You should have been a lawyer (no offense to decent lawyers out there, both of you)
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 04:49 AM   #255
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Crumbs..I think this thread is heading for a train wreck
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 04:54 AM   #256
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Crumbs..I think this thread is heading for a train wreck
It has been a train wreck ever since page 5-ish. Right now I'm just eating popcorn and watching it implode (..and anxiously awaiting 5:30am to arrive so I can go home, sleep for 4 hours, and come back to work another 10 to end my four day work week).
Appreciate 1
minn1914524.50
      02-05-2022, 04:56 AM   #257
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
It has been a train wreck ever since page 5-ish. Right now I'm just eating popcorn and watching it implode.
I got some work to do now so I'll be back later and see if I can be of some assistance with straightening the tracks

Last edited by M5Rick; 02-05-2022 at 02:20 PM..
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan26687.00
      02-05-2022, 04:57 AM   #258
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
I got some work to do now so I'll be back later and see if I can be of some assistance with straightening he tracks
Are you a psychiatrist? Are you able to prescribe sedatives? Can we four-point and force medicate? If not, you may not be of much help.
Appreciate 3
upstatedoc7527.50
M5Rick66610.50
      02-05-2022, 05:26 AM   #259
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Can we get back on topic...

And all just admit that the Accord had one wicked-ass cool crash?
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan26687.00
wrickem2137.50
minn1914524.50
      02-05-2022, 05:56 AM   #260
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
I don't think they made contact. If they did, it was just rubber for a second.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan26687.00
      02-05-2022, 09:06 AM   #261
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowser51 View Post
I don't think they made contact. If they did, it was just rubber for a second.
Let's pretend it's a technicality and they missed by a fraction of an inch. The Raptor still had to speed to catch and block the Honda lunatic as the move to use the emergency lane took raptor boy by surprise. He was purposely and willfully using his vehicle as a tool to further escalate an already dangerous situation. There is zero defense for the Raptor speeding up to try and block the Honda from getting in front of him, causing him to overreacted and loose control of his vehicle. If there are no laws on the books against willfully using your vehicle to create an unsafe road situation for other drivers then it's time to add one. Honda shares majority of blame but to absolve the Raptor of any wrongdoing is lunacy defined.

We are missing the bigger picture here. This is an incredible opportunity for governments and corporations to add this video to their Psych eval. Those who think the truck did absolutely nothing wrong and shares none of the blame just might be a psychopath/misanthrope.....or robot.

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 02-05-2022 at 09:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 10:07 AM   #262
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Are you a psychiatrist? Are you able to prescribe sedatives? Can we four-point and force medicate? If not, you may not be of much help.
Speaking of....you up for your psych eval yet? If I was your captain and reading this thread, I would be a little worried your going all misanthropy on me. Not that I am blaming you, how could dealing with the shit you have to an a daily basis not make you want to partake in a little joy when you see someone driving like an lunatic eat it. Could be bordering on sadism though...might want to get that checked. Just saying.

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 02-05-2022 at 10:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 10:08 AM   #263
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
Yes, the raptor driver was an asshole but the honda driver was the bigger asshole.
Appreciate 1
      02-05-2022, 10:10 AM   #264
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowser51 View Post
Yes, the raptor driver was an asshole but the honda driver was the bigger asshole.
Completely agree. 80/20 split IMHO. My problem is with people like Sedan_Clan who think the truck did nothing wrong. He is being disingenuous by denying the truck had to speed to catch and block the Honda. Can't really blame him though, he has to deal with lunatics everyday so enjoying seeing one eat it is understandable. Doesn't change the fact the Raptor shares some of the blame and broke the law too. So many fanboys fawning over him here so few call him out on it.

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 02-05-2022 at 10:22 AM..
Appreciate 1
shiftdnb379.00