BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

10-31-2022, 11:35 AM   #1
yusko
Yusko
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [9.42]
Switch from E92 M3 to F13 M6?

Hey everyone!

I currently own an E92 M3 and considering selling it to buy an F13 M6. Has anyone in here made a similar switch? Or maybe you have had both these cars in the past and can share thejr experience and opinions?

I would love to hear what you guys have to say about this. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 12:57 AM   #2
rotomoto712
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Convertible

I currently have both (e93 M3 and F13 M6 LCI) in 6spd flavor, and they actually feel quite similar, especially when you drive the F13 in sport mode (drivetrain and steering). The F13 has a heavier-feeling clutch but the shift action between the two is identical. The E93 feels a bit more eager and ready to change direction probably due to the shorter wheelbase and slightly narrower body, whereas the F13 is much heavier and wider and you can definitely feel the weight in tighter turns. In terms of acceleration, the F13 is a rocket in a straight line, though I'm sure once the Harrop gets in that gap will be significantly narrowed. Interior wise it's no contest, the F13 especially when equipped with Full Leather, has one of the nicest interiors that BMW has ever put in a production car. The infotainment gap (my e93 is a single hump dashboard) is easily closed in the aftermarket, I run a Dynavin unit in my E93 that supports bluetooth and wireless Android Auto/CarPlay. The E93 kills the F13 in exhaust note, there's just absolutely no contest there. In all honesty, the only reason why I still have both is that the M3 is a cabrio, so it serves a different purpose. Otherwise, the F13 slightly edges out The E9X for me, and I think it would be a worthwhile upgrade if you had to choose just one.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 04:43 AM   #3
yusko
Yusko
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [9.42]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotomoto712 View Post
I currently have both (e93 M3 and F13 M6 LCI) in 6spd flavor, and they actually feel quite similar, especially when you drive the F13 in sport mode (drivetrain and steering). The F13 has a heavier-feeling clutch but the shift action between the two is identical. The E93 feels a bit more eager and ready to change direction probably due to the shorter wheelbase and slightly narrower body, whereas the F13 is much heavier and wider and you can definitely feel the weight in tighter turns. In terms of acceleration, the F13 is a rocket in a straight line, though I'm sure once the Harrop gets in that gap will be significantly narrowed. Interior wise it's no contest, the F13 especially when equipped with Full Leather, has one of the nicest interiors that BMW has ever put in a production car. The infotainment gap (my e93 is a single hump dashboard) is easily closed in the aftermarket, I run a Dynavin unit in my E93 that supports bluetooth and wireless Android Auto/CarPlay. The E93 kills the F13 in exhaust note, there's just absolutely no contest there. In all honesty, the only reason why I still have both is that the M3 is a cabrio, so it serves a different purpose. Otherwise, the F13 slightly edges out The E9X for me, and I think it would be a worthwhile upgrade if you had to choose just one.
Thank you very much for your valuable input!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2022, 12:53 PM   #4
hirkaismyname
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 CP GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotomoto712 View Post
Which exhaust do you prefer on the e9x platform? I am looking for a valved set-up to not wake the neighbors, and no drone.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2022, 03:52 AM   #5
rotomoto712
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Convertible

Right now my E93 has stock exhaust, but I will be switching to an M3World HFC X-pipe soon while retaining the OEM back box. From what I've heard online this is the best compromise between aggressive when you want it and quiet when you don't. If you want to keep the dBs reasonable, your best bet is to keep the factory rear section and only change the X-pipe.
Appreciate 0