BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-05-2023, 06:18 PM   #1
twalker31794
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw m6

Power cut out help needed

NEED HELP! Did 2 pulls before completely warm and pulled hard no drop. Then when full warm 3rd at 5 k rpm felt like I hit the redline( that's what it feels like). I did this pull 3 times and got the drive train power loss warning, which went away after turn off or turn on the back to normal driving. The car drive normal just can go wot. Any help is greatly appreciated 2015 m6 only mode is bms intakes. No tune
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2023, 09:26 AM   #2
MNhv
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Check your plugs & coils
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2023, 03:33 AM   #3
Msparta
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6M

Easiest thing to do is check the MAF Sensor connectors and make sure they are connected and seated all the way… with engine heat and half a dozen years in these things get loose specially if you have had them unplugged and Re plugged… they have a little clip lock so be careful not to break that.

If all is good reset the error codes if you have you have the mobile and and dongle otherwise that would be the next step and then see if you get the engine light again…

This plug will cause idle and powertrain malfunction along with boost emergency shutoff errors…

Then move onto plugs and coils… easy DIY…

Tip: spark plugs must be seated perfectly and tightened to spec, coils are shitty and ensure they locking clip is fully seated so the coil is fully engaged and has no loss of pressure… from my experience some coils can be difficult or faulty on the locking plastic mechanism.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2023, 08:30 AM   #4
Blaxwil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Have you had any engine work recently performed? I had this same issue and couldn’t figure it out. Ended up being the DME connections were loose. Need to make sure they are snapped well into the grommet holes and there’s no wiggling.

Under WOT, they become disconnected just enough to cut power. After you let up, they fall back into a good spot, restoring power. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 2
      03-17-2023, 08:40 PM   #5
Msparta
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxwil View Post
Have you had any engine work recently performed? I had this same issue and couldn’t figure it out. Ended up being the DME connections were loose. Need to make sure they are snapped well into the grommet holes and there’s no wiggling.

Under WOT, they become disconnected just enough to cut power. After you let up, they fall back into a good spot, restoring power. Hope this helps.
Sometimes a bent pin can be the big issue…
Glad to see your tip since I too have had long term troubleshoot issues to only discover a halfway decent connection that needed better snug connection…
Appreciate 0