BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

05-25-2024, 07:09 AM   #1
FLNJM6
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G92 640i, E46 M3, F12 M6

Newly acquired F12 6-speed - cold start video input requested pls

I recently purchased a 2014 F12 6-speed with the Competition Package that had 79k miles. More miles than I'd like, but 6spds don't come along too often (particularly with the Comp Pack!) and the car appeared well taken care of with responsible prior owners and zero mods (aside from rear spacers). Plus the price was very fair.

I also had a PPI done at a local BMW dealer and they said it was in great condition. Given that, I purchased it remotely and flew to pick it up and have barely driven it since (work)...

Of course I've read all the horror stories of rod bearings, injectors, and other sudden causes of engine and bank account damage, and I'm hoping and praying that I don't become one of those stats...

Since I don't know how this engine is supposed to sound (first F-series), I was wondering if any owners out there with keen ears could listen to the below cold-start video (70F) and tell if it sounds normal? Or god forbid if there's a sound that suggests expensive repairs needed (!) Either way, I'd love to know sooner than later! Thanks in advance!!

Appreciate 0