Mr23779
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 540i M-Sport Shadowline

Garage List
2023 540i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricVR4 View Post
I don't have any experience with an E60 but it sounds like others have given some great input/advice. My condolences to both you and your mom too, that's a scenario that we all dread and are never ready to experience no matter what stage of life we're in.
Thank you, sir! I was definitely not ready for this and would give anything for just 1 more minute of clarity with him.

Quote:
I can't think of a better tribute to a car person than to let their favorite car live on though. If I were in that position and had the ability to keep/maintain/etc the car, I would absolutely keep it and do what you've been doing....drive it for special occasions, take the mom around in it, and use it any time I needed to talk to dad!
Agreed. I've made the decision to keep his car and even though people give me strange looks, I'm still going to talk to dad while I'm driving it. Others will just have to figure I've either completely lost my mind or they'll have to get over it.

Quote:
Also, former Spring resident here (grew up through high school there but live in town now). Not often you come across many people from Spring on a car forum
What a small world! I was born in Corpus Christi in '69 and we moved into The Woodlands in '75. I spent my entire childhood and young adult life there. Went through all the schools from elementary through high school before moving away to attend college. Once I was done with college, I got married and we moved near mom and dad (still in The Woodlands), but around 2008 we moved into Spring (still on the Montgomery County side of the creek, thank God!)

We live in the Spring Trails/Harmony/Bender's Landing area here where Riley Fuzzel and the Grand Parkway 99 toll road intersect. As a kid, I remember when Riley Fuzzel was a two lane country road in the middle of nowhere and we could hunt by the creek! Not anymore. You wouldn't recognize the area if you saw it today.
Appreciate 1
EricVR4603.50