07-12-2014, 01:16 PM   #31
x6Hawkeye
911 TTS Cab
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoSol
Thanks for the compliment guys. I will post more photos soon. After 1,000 miles logged on it, here are my impressions on the 2014 640i GC mSport xDrive:
- You get a lot of attention driving around. It turns head while driving and while parked, people are snapping photos. (I love it)
- Suspension is just right, this is how all BMW suspension should feel like. It's stiff, but soft enough to be comfortable.
- Steering is extremely responsive. The xDrive still offers the hydraulic steering, which gives a bit more feel the road.
- You can feel the weight of the vehicle, but it does hide its weight very well. It is just as agile as a 5.
- Power of the N55HP is just right. I would imagine that the 640 would feel underpowered, but I was wrong. It has the same HP to weight ratio as a 535, since BMW up the power of the N55 to counter the weight difference.
- Fuel Economy is ok. In Comfort mode, I get an average of 21.5mpg (which is the same as my 750LI in normal mode). In Eco Pro mode, I got it up to 34mpg on the highway. However, I cannot leave it in Eco unless I'm in cruise control for more than 30min. Eco Mode makes your BMW feels like a Prius, blah...
- Features and Comfort are great. I really thought the new screen sticking out would look ridiculous, but the it is actually very nice (large and crisp). The digital dash is amazing, no glare and works just like the analogs. Seating is comfortable. I'm just missing the top view cam, which I do wish I had. The door of the GC is a bit small, if you're a taller guy just get a 2 door. They shrunk the front doors, added 6inch to fit the rear doors. It would be really awkward getting out if you're 6ft tall. Plus, this car sits really low which doesn't help either. I'm under 6ft so no complaints here.

Overall, the 6 GC is a work of art and it drives beautifully. It's for those who appreciate cars and appreciate how a car should drive I'm really glad I switched from a 750Li to this car. Hope this is helpful for those who are still considering.

Warning: This car is very low out of the box. If your wife curve check a few of your cars in the past, never let her drive it. The bumper and body are lower than all the curves, there's no warning plastic feelers to help her understand that she's hitting the curve. Paint work will be required if you're not careful.
Congrats, beautiful car!

Regarding size of the doors, I'm 6'4" and don't have any issues.

Always look forward to my drive to and from the office!
Appreciate 0