View Single Post
      04-21-2021, 04:00 AM   #76
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
That was the "official" response. Unofficially, without LIDAR supplement, the camera based systems have to detect movement first before an obstacle is validated. They'll gladly let you mow down anyone and anything stationary you intentionally drive towards.
In that time volvo had 2 systems. The volvo city safety system that had collision protection for cars (which I believe all volvo xc60's had of that period, but I believe that still has a lidar sensor), and an extra optional system called pedestrian detection (so an extra option you had to pay for).
Afaik cars with pedestrian detection had an extra sensor in the grille.
I don't see that sensor in the grille of that video, which makes me believe it was not equipped with pedestrian detection and only had city safety (car collision detection). Probably too technical for those white collared managers in that video....

This is what that sensor looked like in that generation of volvo xc60 (just left to the volvo badge):
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0