View Single Post
      06-28-2023, 11:28 AM   #332
Ricochet48
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 RSX-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
I wouldn't call many of those cars "fanboy" cars. Also, you seem to be very hung up on all out acceleration. For some of us, it's more than just straight line acceleration.

The CTR has always commanded a premium since intro decades (whether getting ADM or MSRP) and the CTR has always been a class-leading performer.

After a few months, the ITS will be available at MSRP and possibly below.

No one gets base model BMWs. A M240 RWD will set you back at least $53K with the common options and a 340 in the low to mid 60s. An ITS will likely outrun the 340 and 240 on a road course. In a drag race? The BMWs will easily take the win. Road course? Likely not and they'll be far more less engaging and muted.

The Zs will be selling for below MSRP soon. The excitement is over and the demand is LOW. I have yet to see one in Kansas City.

The BRZ/86 are entry level sports cars that are bargains for what they offer.

I have a 2011 Cayman 6MT base model with 265hp. That car is good for low 5 second 0-60s and maybe mid 13s@102mph. I also have a tuned 2016 M235 6MT with suspension and tires/wheels that can run mid 12s@112mph+. You know which car is FAR MORE FUN to drive and I'll take 90%+ of the time? The slower Cayman.
The majority of drivers car about straight line acceleration as they can flex that more often. I don't live close to any twisties anymore, just city driving in Chicago, so I can rarely take advantage of the handling of my RSX-S.

The ITS is already at MSRP, you just had to look (threads on some of the ITS forums had dealership listed). The CTR MSRP just makes the $7K jump look insane, but that's because nobody is getting the CTR at MSRP.

BMW options are less than you'd think. Comparing apples to apples, I just had to add the heated steering wheel to the ITS, bringing the total to about $51.5K, a RWD M240i with premium & HK is $51.7K. A similar spec'd M340i is just over $60K a hinted.

Z's are interesting as the base model sounds like such a steal at first, but then you realize it lacks so many goodies (most notably a LSD). When you get the performance version, it's way to close to the Supra imo, especially now that it has a 6MT option that used to be a major selling point of the Z over it.

Agree on the BRZ/86. If I was 10-15 years younger I would have had one of those instead of my RSX-S.

Finally, I agree that driving at 90% is generally more fun. That's why I would want something extreme like a Lotus Elise as a side car, but a heavier, more luxurious, AWD beast like the M240i for a daily.
Appreciate 0