View Single Post
      06-11-2021, 01:52 PM   #224
jnj2455
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i 6MT/RWD/MPPSK/2VF

I, too, have a rather unhealthy obsession that dates back to when I was a heavyset kid who couldn't muster anything faster than a 13 minute mile in PE that was followed by taunting and shame by other kids (grade school is just great!)

I've ran steadily since I was 22 but the progress has been slow. 8:30 miles used to be fast for me and I've slowly chipped away at it. Unfortunately I've seem to hit the limit of what my body is willing to do. On a good well rested day I can maybe get under a 22 min 5K out, and I think my fastest was a sustained 7:01/mile 5K. I just seem to have trouble sustaining quicker paces. I think the fastest I've tried running on a mile was 6:30?

I try to run almost 3-4 miles everyday during the work week, mostly as a way to destress from my job. Weekends are rest/cheat days. I think this continuous running and few rest periods is working to my detriment in terms of pace and improvement. My ankles sometimes are my weakest point and have been an issue on and off the last 4-5 years.
Appreciate 0