View Single Post
      05-28-2020, 10:23 PM   #48
DocL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

So don't move your car, and they won't cut the grass. When the grass gets long enough and people start to complain, they'll cut the grass when you aren't home. Or, ask them what the schedule is for the lawn service, and just take that car to work that day. As a renter you have no dog in this fight.

I've lived in HOA communities for over 20yrs. I don't mind it and I know how to get what I want. For example, a neighbor ratted me out for having an old tire stuffed behind a shrub, behind my A/C unit next to my house. No one could see it unless you walked around the side of my house. It was there for eight years. Two days after my wife had the argument with a neighbor, I had a notice on my door from the county that I was in violation for having junk car parts on my property. The HOA also sent me a notice and threatened to fine me. Knowing the rules, I went to home depot and got a thick piece of rope and hung the tire from the tree in front of my house. Guess what, it was now a tire swing for my kids. I had one when I was kid. Nothing anyone could do. Even the president of the HOA said "good move Doc, we can't force you to take it down."

So play by the rules and let the HOA and the landscape company figure it out. They can't force you to move the car from where it should be parked to begin with, no one can argue with you on that point. Just don't be a dick. Take the passive aggressive approach. Trust me, it works with HOA's.

Last edited by DocL; 05-28-2020 at 10:39 PM..
Appreciate 2