Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW ///M6 F13

Garage List
2013 Bmw M6  [0.00]
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
Yeah my first engine had rod bearings done by BMW so it’s easy to say we are all sitting on a powder keg waiting to blow. The powertrain warranty can help control total cost of ownership and once you near the end of its coverage would warrant revisiting further ownership. That said folks still buy and adore their S85 M5/M6’s despite knowing all the perils that await them.

A popular YouTuber in the BMW community recently bought an S85 M5 and despite lots of digging and understanding of the problems of the platform bought the car any way and ended up being lied to and decided to make the car right anyway. Grated he is likely getting monetized for his coverage of the rebuild. I can’t help but wonder why we are so vexed by these damn things that despite all the warnings and signs we go head first into them.

I was shopping for an S85 when I found this car and only considered it because my wife’s F10 550 had been such a good car and still is at nearly 169k miles.

I am as smitten with the S85 today as I was years ago and would still buy one if I had the garage spaces. It’s a very complex and weird thing to me and perplexes me more so than JD Salingers “Catcher in the Rye.” I’ve read it several times and still am not certain why I am drawn to it and still uncertain about its deeper meaning yet I feel like I identify with Holden Caulfield. That said I don’t know why.

For those that are looking please be mindful for those that own; I hope ya don’t find the ledge and in some small way I hope that I can keep folks from going over like Holden wished to in the catcher in the rye.

There's a reason a $150k car is 40 grand lol
Appreciate 3