David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Man, we agree on nothing

Lance Armstrong cheated and used "a range of techniques to avoid detection" with intent and covered it up for years.

RB passed all tests with no cover-up or intent to deceive because the wing was in plain view.

However, after watching the new video I think the FIA will change the test and RB won't be able to use it. The key part being marking wings and video observation not just load tests. IMHO
X2, Lance used a drug that was specifically banned, there was no grey area, then was successful getting by/or avoiding the tests.

RB has a spoiler that passed all tests and "rigid" isn't a binary, yes/no function. Take any of these cars over a curb, have gauges to measure deflection and you will find that virtually nothing is rigid. You want something that doesn't bend under a certain amount of load you need to put the numbers in the regulation and test for these numbers. Only thing I can see from the video is the RB wing is more flexible than the MB and the MB fin seams to be more flexible than the RB. I don't for a second think MB has this flexible fin because they don't realize it or can't fix it. Too simple to make it less flexible if it would help them.