View Single Post
      11-13-2020, 10:46 PM   #2
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Sorry to hear about the issue. Are you running a tune or using an external boost controller? Mine was stock and had rod bearings done at about the same mileage and ended up seizing about 30k miles later on the new bearings. The car was dealer maintained and not once did they ever say anything about metal in the oil. I learned a lot about this issue after taking my wife out to dinner one night. I would go easy on it until you get a firm diag.

I may be a bit hypersensitive or over reacting because I went through this a few months ago but it sounds like a rod bearing issue. Send a copy of the video to Mike and/or Raza at RKAutowerks, they have a ton of experience with these engines and are not going to mislead you just to get the business because they already have plenty of business.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 1
Minacious312.00