View Single Post
      09-04-2019, 12:27 PM   #5
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagtagXMASTER View Post
did you put spacers on the front wheels as well, if so what are your spacer specs. you could be experiencing the wiggle due to the front wheels not aligning with the rear wheels properly.

What may be happening is the rear wheels are grabbing too much air, kinda pushing the car up. it is a downforce issue and you get the wiggle because of the load transfer. as you demand power the car squats into the ground. when you let off, the rear of the car comes up and decompresses the suspension and lets the car come up a little more than what feels comfortable.

I have heard of the issue on some cars with 315+ section tires and spacers.
No spacers on the front as I read about people having issues with them at higher speeds. Plus, I like the look of the front wheels appearing to "tuck". I am also running stock tire sizes on both the front & rear with 12mm spacers out back only. But like I said I felt this prior to installing them.

Your downforce/load transfer theory makes a ton of sense and that's probably it. I don't have a trunk spoiler at the moment - I wonder if this would actually add to the downforce at all. I mean, I'm sure it will but enough to notice a difference - eh, not sure.
Appreciate 0