View Single Post
      04-21-2018, 03:28 AM   #23
dclin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: FD3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madvillain View Post
What size did you order for these tips? I noticed on aliexpress the sellers for these tips have for example 67mm in and 92mm out. I assume the 67 is the bit that attaches to the muffler and the 92 is the bit we see.
2014 M6 F06 with comp package, inner exhaust tip, drivers side (couldn't get the rest off tonight, will try the next time I have free time):

After removing the oem cosmetic chrome tip, I measured 66-67mm (2.6") diameter at the very end of the bare exhaust tip, which was the widest portion of the tip after the muffler. This part was about 45-46mm (1.8") deep, going back to the muffler, where the exhaust tip narrowed to approx 54-55mm (2.1") diameter.

I didn't measure how far back the bare exhaust tip went straight back before taking a slight angle, just before entering the muffler, but this is something to consider - basically the cosmetic aftermarket tip can't be too long, otherwise it might be harder to get the tips to be parallel with each other (not impossible, just a little more attention to make sure everything is lined up).

Couldn't sleep, as this was bugging me myself, so I had to go to the garage to measure in the middle of the night. Too lazy to move the cars though, so didn't have much room to work with. So, we would need a min inner diameter of 67mm of the cosmetic aftermarket tip to get it past the bare exhaust tip, but then figure out how to secure it to the narrower diameter of the exhaust tip, which the clamp area would be over (unless you like the tip to stick out excessively).

The metal 'o ring' diameter reducer (see 5th pic from left) included with this auction would be awesome, but the inner diameter of this tip is too small to be able to slip over the bare exhaust tip (63mm, per auction page).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dry-Carbon-...xaUuo2&vxp=mtr

I will keep looking, and get some more measurements, and perhaps some pictures later.
Appreciate 0