View Single Post
      03-19-2020, 08:16 AM   #31
EnVe46
Major
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 LeMansBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
You could add 2 gallons or so of e85. That will boost your octane. Here is a link to help you calculate:

https://www.brewcity**********/about...ol-calculator/

Most stock tunes will allow for 87 as the lowest. This is incase it is accidentally added to the car. Adding e85 (just a couple gallons) will significantly boost octane (e85=100 to 105 octane). Just remember it has a lower ignition temp (good for the motor), but it will burn about 30% faster. For this reason, dont add too much, unless you tune for it.

Im in a super charged e92 m3 and mix every now and then. Generally its advised not to mix more than e20. The f12 m6 has a better fuel system, so you may able to do more.

Running the 87aki will slow down timing quite a bit. But the stock config will allow it, its just not good. All bmws love octane

Good luck! Also I should be getting an f12 m6 and building it in the near future. Hopefully will keep the m3 for the track and m6 for daily.
I've been fighting some light misfires on my tunes M6, only when it's hit and been running hard. I've added E85 to see if that helps but I may mix in MS109 if the E85 doesn't help. I'm running tighter gapped, colder plugs as well as brand new coils, so my shop and I have determined it fuels related. Next step is to get it in the dyno, get it nice and hot and run some diagnostics. But the wrong octane, WILL lead to issues of some sorts. My case is perfect proof, even though I'm tuned so the variables are more detrimental than a stock tune.