View Single Post
      02-19-2023, 08:25 AM   #9
BillyMillin
Rep
Drives: 640d Gran Coupe

Just saw this online. The car has been sitting for about 3 weeks now, its been giving low battery warnings when I've been out working on it. Could a dying battery be causing the problem?
https://www.youcanic.com/bmw-restrai...m-malfunction/

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubachris View Post
hi.
my last 640d leaked water through the yellow grommet and i had to take the passenger front seat out.
removing the drivers seat is same as passenger seat.
first move seat fully forward,then unclip the covers on the end of the seat runners,these are tricky to remove and if you break a locating tag off they wont stay on.they are approx £5 each too.
when you get rear runner covers off make a note they are different and then remove the torx bolts that hold the runners to the floor.
then slide the seat fully backwards and remove the runner covers,again they are different,then remove the torx bolts.
lift up the seat at the front a bit and remove the wiring harness clips that hold the harness to the bottom of the seat..do not unplug this harness ! there is only one wiring connector..
when you get the harness clips off there will be enough free play to tilt the backrest as if someone was getting in the back,then manually tip the seat backwards..you noe have full access to all the seat modules..this should take 10 minits.
if you do unplug the wiring conector you will have air bag fault codes come up.
if you are ok with that then you can take the seat out of the car if you wish.be aware the seat is VERY heavy.
when re installing the seat be carefull clipping the runner end caps back on.
Appreciate 0