View Single Post
      12-02-2021, 07:00 AM   #167
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Yeah it's a decent watch, I generally like Rosberg's videos especially his car reviews/tours.

IDK I would think Rosberg knows the mentality of a driver in this situation better than Ralf, especially since he has never been here before and he also isn't max and thus is only able to speculate what goes on in max's mind. it is true max has never messed up this year and is insanely consistent, but pressure affects everyone some are just able to deal with it better than others but regardless pressure will inhibit your absolute best performance because your mind cannot focus fully on the task at hand. The difference is some people can deal with it so well it doesn't drop off their peak to the point where they make mistakes, however their peak will be reduced. That's why all pro athletes have sports psychologists now to help them, alot of fighters use them since the pressure of a fight is uncomparable, as a single mistake means getting finished.
I watched the vid and the first thing that's obvious is that NR is a completely different character to MV in fact he comes over to me as quite excitable and quick talking so really can see things only from his time with Hamilton.
In the meantime the 'happy time' for LH has turned sour with him resorting to some dirty tricks against Max aptly demonstrated at Silverstone,indeed I'm sure you have read up on Ham's teammate Bottas nearly having a breakdown from having to work with Hamilton and being pressured by Wolff demonstrated by him taking out Norris,Checo and severely damaging Max's car by a simple error.
Max on the other hand is cool and collective dealing with the matter at hand and as has been said ''Max was born on the track'' is the key to him thriving on pressure.
Appreciate 1