04-29-2021, 06:05 PM   #5
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by atillathetom View Post
I was under the car for 3 hours this weekend installing an M Performance exhaust and there were several of those holding up the covers under the motor. There were also some on the rear end. I would get under there and look.

I also noticed that one of mine was stripped out. Likely overtightened at some point. Since I just got the car I have no way of knowing. At some point I will retap the bolt hole and helicoil it but it is holding for now. You could have had the same issue.

I would suggest you just crawl under and look around.
Congrats on the new to you car. My son and I plan on getting under it this weekend but I am bit worried may not be able to handle getting the repair done before I have to punch out of the country for work for a few months.

I recently replaced the soft touch door lock mechanism on my wifes 550i and the replacement part arrived from FCPEuro un-threaded so I had to make a quick trip to the hardware store for some additional tap tools.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0