View Single Post
      04-29-2021, 04:05 PM   #1
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Exclamation Need some help identifying a bolt.

I had a long approach walk up to the front of my car today and happened to notice something hanging down around the front center approximately under the radiator. It was sticking out from the belly pan and I though it was a cooling tank expansion tube or something from the AC cor condensation. Admittedly I am not under the car a lot as I have had the engine swapped and work out of the country pretty frequently for work.

The pictures below are of the bolt that I removed after returning home immediately after seeing it. I am hoping someone can give me a good idea of where it is installed. I'd like to work on it at home in the garage but given the size of the bolt I feel like I may need a lift or lifting tools that may not have on hand. I am not sure if this is a sub frame issue or something heavy.

I do have set of 4 Rennstands and a good floor jack and all sort of hand tools but just not sure what I may up against with this.
Attached Images

2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0