View Single Post
      01-05-2022, 03:23 PM   #1
dpapad
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M6 Comp Package

Custom Steering Wheel Not Activating

Hi All-

I've been browsing this forum for some time and just registered after taking delivery of a 2017 M6 Convertible with the Competition package. It is my first convertible and I'm very excited to have it. She is a beast!

I purchased it from Carvana with 20k miles and while I am working through some of the post delivery issues, I took it to BMW for a diagnosis and and inspection and they didn't find any major issues with the car. Candidly, I would of expected a laundry list of maintenance/service work since I have a limited warranty but that wasn't the case.

Other than Carvana almost draining the battery (they didn't know how to turn the car off before delivering it to me) and some problems with the blind spot indicator, there aren't real mechanical issues.

One thing I'm trying to get my head around though is the aftermarket steering wheel that was installed. It is supposed to have the gear and redline indicators but all it does is turn on, flash green and red and say BMW Performance at cold start but doesn't operate afterwards. I was hoping someone on this forum has seen one of these and may be able to shed some light as to how to get it to work.

Below is a video so you can see what I'm talking about. Maybe one of you has these or can point me somewhere to figure this one out.

Thanks in advance.

DPAPAD
Attached Images

Appreciate 0