Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff Ace View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keysersoze819 View Post
The new screen is OEM fitment. I tried going to BMW dealer with part number for back plate that was listed by original poster and they could not find part and searching the part number on ww.getBMWparts.com and tried to have my local dealer ordered for me what I found there is still for pre LCI screen. I assume because original poster of thread is in another country the part number provided is different.

My car is a 2014 which has the back plate for the older screen which does not fit the new screen. I need a back plate mounting plate for LCI screen 65-50-9-332-412 which after rereading this whole thread should be part number
65-50-9-380-963 I hope.

I just need to know for sure what is the correct part number for the back plate here in US for the LCI screen that was discussed in this thread.

As far as how I got it to fit. The new screen bolted in the same mounting location just the back plate did not snap together and line up so for now there is a slight gap between the screen and back mounting plate. Which could be seen looking in from windshield only.
I just finished installing mine too and the back plate I got didn't fit either. Works for now but would like one that is flush.

Here is the part I ordered. It seems to have extra vented plastic that is presenting the new screen from sitting flush.

The screen is nice. Improvement but not a Wow factor. The bezeless screen looks much cleaner. Here are the differences

I went to 2 dealers to order back plate mentioned by original poster 65509364647 and it's not available anywhere in the world.

I ordered the same one as you based off what dealer said was correct 65509380963

and took Dremel with sanding tip and smooth down those fins and now back plate then fit flush and closed completely. Took about 10 min
Appreciate 0