View Single Post
      02-27-2015, 02:37 PM   #15
joe@trinityautosport
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 | F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian View Post
I like how they wrap all the way around and are located right behind the kidneys. Not sure how I would feel if I drove the car in the rain a whole lot though as your filters would obviously get wet and you don't want wet filters.

They look good though and if you had them highly polished and clear powder coated they would look pretty sick sitting in the engine bay. I have the Gruppe M intake on my car right now and if I didn't have this I would probably try these out. I doubt I am going to get much gain using these vs. the Gruppe though so I will save my pennies and stick with what I have.

@joetrinityautosport - Are you saying you will see 22-40hp gains on the dyno from installing these. C'mon... That sounds a bit outlandish to me.

Brian
Hi Brian...talking to MSR no issues with rain. He's going to provide a prefilter cover for the intake. As for the dyno numbers I am going off of MSR and I'm sure it's proven. Also, I'll be dyno'ing it next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5driver View Post
Will you have your car at the shop next Wed? I'm coming in for the install and would like to see it.
I MIGHT have it...not sure. Jailbreak is taking the car to make some more power

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast View Post
Joe glad you like them and welcome to the club.

The Dyno has shown 20-40 WHP and torque between my stock M5 and on my fully modded M6 do to being more efficient, and my M6 had BMS filters charcoal filter delete RPI scoops befure intake. The Dyno doesn't show its true potential do to its unconventional design.
Everything has been tested from Vbox track and Dyno and proven gains not only on my personal cars but also customers cars as well. Two of my customers had Gruppe M and noticed a huge improvement immediately even before adapting.

Vbox gains have proven .5 seconds from 60-130 mph on my completely stock M5
Also track proven on a customers M5 knocked off .5 seconds off the 1/4 and gain 4-5 mph. My M6 world record 10.7 129mph befire intake 11.0 126-127mph These are real and proven tests not estimated guesses.

And I know it's hard to believe for an intake, but what people aren't realizing is the difference in its design. The air is compressed and the turbos don't have to suck the air now they flow more efficiently. The faster you go the higher the velocity and volume of air. Now the turbos pull all the way to redline as everything has been designed for this purpose. Even between shifts air is coming with instant gear snaps after fully adapting.

As for the filters they are made of 304 stainless steel mesh not cloth so weather has no effect and proven in daily use for over a year between my m5 and m6.

Im also waiting for a prefilter that was custom made for this intake. It is a water repellent material as well as restricts particles as small as .005. I decided to make these for those who have concerns as well as needing more confidence when driving in the rain. Also have been tested by the prefilter company to have no loss in performance. So for those who are worried you will have that option.

Hope this helps and answers some questions and concerns

Once again congrats Joe on your new intake.

G
Thanks George!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCT OFF View Post
I had mine for almost 7 months now,the sound is amazing and there is definitely performance gain when fully adapted.
Appreciate 0