01-20-2024, 07:44 PM   #16
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine650 View Post
I'm not sure if I have an issue with the power door close or just the cold. It has been very cold here in the Boston area the last few days, Wind Chill of zero this morning, so maybe it is just frozen. My car was not locked and the door opened every morning, but would not close, just bounced back open. I have used a hair dryer on the handle. while in the open position the last 4 mornings, and again this afternnon. After 4-5 minutes of hot air the power closed door kicks in and pulls the door shut. I am assuming some mechanism within the handle is freezing up or is the power close somehow causing the problem?
Did you get precipitation with the freezing temps? If yes, then it does sound like moisture has affected some of your door components and they may be frozen.

If you don’t have a garage where you can get temps above freezing…look for a public underground parking garage where temps are above freezing and take care of some business or do lunch/dinner…which can give the car a long enough time to thaw with temps above freezing.

If frozen components are the culprit…letting the car set for some time in higher temps should fix the problem.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0