09-23-2021, 05:45 AM   #16
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 640i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine650 View Post
What else did you return other than the EGO 650? I have an old B&D 1.5A 40V I am looking to improve on. If I recall from my school days it was always Amps X Volts - Watts. So I have 60 Watts and yours is 2 Ams and 80V for 160 Watts!

That would be quite an improvement. However, I am seeing a lot of advertising on MPH and CFM. It appears you did a lot of research on this - what is the critical determining number?
The second one was the Ego with 480 CFM and it worked fairly well until you got to the tiny droplets. They just refused to move. I suspect that the one that produced 650 CFM would have been fine, but I didn’t have a chance to test it. The 730 CFM works very well. You still have to go over it with a towel at the end, but drying time is greatly reduced and the water stuck in crevices is virtually eliminated, save for a bit in the door jams. I learned quickly not to open the doors and blast the water in the door jams - the car fills with dust.

In my research I learned that MPH was less important as CFM. One more helpful hint - If you get the Greenworks (730 CFM - $279.00 @ Costco online) beware of holding it close to your body as the intake will suck in the fabric of loose T-shirts, drawstrings, etc.

I’ve only used it once, but am happy so far. I’ll try it again today on my other car.

https://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch...ord=Jet+Blower
Appreciate 0