10-19-2021, 12:36 PM   #1
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
It's that time again - help me pick another daily driver

So, it's that time again - looking for a different daily driver to replace my Alfa Giulia Ti Sport. Wife still has the i8 and I still have the Alfa 4C as the toy.

Requirements:

1. Price - under $60,000.
2. Seats - needs to be at least a 2+2.
3. Miles - under 50K miles.
4. Style - needs to be an 'event' and something that is really 'wow'.
5. Year - does not matter, so long as it is at least somewhat reliable to drive 5k-10k miles a year.
6. Service Costs - doesn't matter, so long as not absurd. Figure oil changes should be less than $500 and annual service less than $2000.

Doesn't have to be extremely quick, but needs to have some power. General rule is under 6sec to 60 is more than fine. Big thing is that it really needs to be 'special' - so really, BMW's are all essentially out since they don't make anything that has a wow factor for my price point. Needs to have some semblance of a back seat. The daughter is nearing 7, so she needs to be able to cram back there for short jaunts on occasion. Nothing more than that.

Right now - I've got it narrowed down to the following:

2015-2017 Maserati Granturismo
2012-2014 Lotus Evora S or 2+2
2018-2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia QV

The QV is probably the most make sense car, but I drive a Giulia every day now and don't really need the extra power of the QV. Leaning towards the Mazzer at the moment - but open to other ideas.

Anyone?