United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M6 GC

Garage List
2015 BMW M6  [0.00]
2010 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E55 Bulldog View Post
Hey everyone, Im getting ready to install catless downpipes, gapped sparkplugs, and a BM3 tune in the near future (time permitting).

Right now Im trying to get all the random stuff I need to do the job and have a few questions.

1. Gaskets? Im assuming there is a gasket on either end of the DP or on both ends. I don't like reusing wearable items so I want to replace them when Im in there. Anyone have the part number for these?

2. Coil Pack - Was told to go ahead and replace my coil pack while Im doing the plugs because there was a issue with early versions (not sure of history but have see guys swapping these out). What coil pack should I order, and where should I order them from. Is there a part number for specific set?

3. Specialty tools - What specialty tools will I need for the jobs ? Any weird bolt styles, size, sockets ect?

I just want to make sure I have all my ducks in order before I start ripping this thing apart.

Thanks everyone !!
Gaskets: you'll need #3 for sure but you can also get #2

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=18_0953

Not sure about having to replace the coil packs just to do it. Wouldn't hurt I guess but I don't know if its absolutely necessary.