///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinckley View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Let's be honest here BMW is barely an enthusiast brand at this point. All I see is soccer moms and granny's driving X3 and X5s. I barely see any new 3 series on the road here (probably a good thing as it's hideous) and the occasional 5 series with some giant grille 7er thrown in.
Unfortunately, in a world where more than 70% of vehicles sold are trucks, SUVs and crossovers, there's no more room for an enthusiast brand. At least not one that can survive. Everyone here is talking about Porsche, but Porsche only survives today because of its SUVs. The Macan (especially) and Cayenne are funding a relative handful of sales of $125k - $200k enthusiasts cars. I just don't see how any other business model can exist in today's marketplace. And even that's tenuous if the passenger and and sports car markets continue their precipitous decline. My god, 20-somethings don't even care about getting a license never mind buying a car. Can you imagine them flipping to the point that they want to spend $100k on a BMW?
I agree. I laugh at the 20 somethings with no license getting driven around by mommy. It's pathetic and the parents fault.

The difference between Porsche and BMW is that Porsche is using the revenue from SUV sales to continue to make amazing sports cars. Their prestige and heritage will live on. BMW could have gone this route but instead decided to be the German Toyota. They are throwing away all the prestige and heritage and it didn't have to go that way. BMW could have continued to make proper sporty cars along with their other offering.

Instead:
Killed 6MT
Killed DCT
AWD
Heavy Cars
Horrible Electric Steering
Fake engine noises
FWD BMWs

Basically they are now Audi and Audi's are better looking with better interiors.

These are dumb moves that will hurt the brand in the future.
Appreciate 2
bobert858.50
ted99242.00